PDA

View Full Version : I LAG it Up With K9

Kasumeat
04-09-2005, 12:47 AM
Pokerroom 1/2, 5-handed.

LP UTG limps, I raise in the CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Standard? Muck this? Unknown Button, BB, and UTG call.

Flop is 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I bet, Button and UTG call.

Turn is A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG checks. Normally I'd check/fold here, but the Ace is a pretty good card for me to bluff here. I bet, Button folds, UTG calls.

River is 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

UTG checks to me, and I bet (pot is 7BB).

mperich
04-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Fold preflop.

-Mike

captZEEbo1
04-09-2005, 03:50 AM
PF is quesitonable, but I probably fold it. With really good postflop skills, you can probably make this play.

I'm probably checking this flop here, too many people saw the flop and you have almost no outs to win the hand.

check turn....don't bet at scare cards at $1/2. Checking flop isn't out of the question either. You should use the logic: "if anyone has a pair, they will see the river". So you should only be betting your A9 hands that missed the board for value. If the board is 772 rainbow, bet. If you have A9, and the board is KQ8, you should not be betting into 4 opponents.

Turn is a terrible, terrible, terrible bet. Don't EVER consider it again.

The only way this river bet is correct, is if utg holds KQ KJ or K9. That is relatively unlikely. Check river by now and hope K hi is somehow good (him being on a flush draw or something). River is also a very bad bet too.

balkii
04-09-2005, 04:22 AM
well my vote is for misplayed on every street. way too L/AG preflop unless button and blinds give up easily preflop and limper gives up easily postflop.

flop, you're not gonna pick it up, and the button seems to like calling. i'd check fold

turn you got called in two spots on the flop i'd just give it up

river, hes not folding a pair, you have near-nut-no-pair, i'd just check it through.

Kasumeat
04-09-2005, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I won this one (he folded 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif X/images/graemlins/spade.gif, complaining about missing his flush/bottom pair draw) but I thought that I certainly shouldn't have.

Grisgra
04-09-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I won this one (he folded 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif X/images/graemlins/spade.gif, complaining about missing his flush/bottom pair draw) but I thought that I certainly shouldn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

His passive check/calling seemed like a flush draw (that was my first guess), but really that's the ONLY thing you're getting him to fold that you're beating, something like 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifX /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Preflop, really silly raise unless you've got complete and total control of the table, and button is tight (which he apparently is not). Fine to fire on the flop as everyone checked to you, as far as the turn goes . . . given this is 1/2, you're probably not getting someone to fold something like 33 or 44 here, but if they would, then I don't mind this, this IS a scare card, might as well take your shot.

toss
04-09-2005, 09:45 AM
I've found that most 1/2 Party Player are flawless in defending against bluffs.

Grisgra
04-09-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right.

Bill Smith
04-09-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this quote will be sitting on my whiteboard for a day or three.

Jeff W
04-09-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've found that most 10/20 Party Player are flawless in defending against bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

DrMoney
04-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Definitely a fold preflop, especially offsuited.

Trix
04-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Itīs a pretty standard raise with KT for me in this spot, so I guess doing it with K9 can be good under the right conditions.

Think I would have checked the flop, it really isnīt very good to bluff at.

Turn I bet.

River probably too, though some players always show down with a pair, so against those you just gotta check and hope for XXs