PDA

View Full Version : Is this too tight ?

theredpill5
04-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Been getting beat up lately particularly with these hands

J/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

I'm in MP

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I'm like. Oh [censored] !

EP bets $1
MP raises to $3
Hero folds

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
EP checks
MP bets $5

I just didn't want to F with that. Crazy MF's.

swolfe
04-09-2005, 01:07 AM
that's fine. two pair sucks, especially when they're connectors and there's three on the board. your board is even worse because it's all hearts.

umdpoker
04-09-2005, 01:56 AM
well, thats just about the scariest board possible for your hand. 3-flush, str8 possible, and you have BOTTOM 2 pr. good fold. you are not ahead of anything if there is any action whatsoever. top 2 would be a little tricker, but i would probably still fold to a big bet against a non-maniac opponent.

NoWorry
04-09-2005, 02:47 AM
Suited middle one-gap in MP? Actually, that's a little bit too loose for me.

But after that flop, definitely not too tight to muck it. Most likely you are already beat. And far more cards will further hurt your hand than the 4 that will improve it.

AncientPC
04-09-2005, 02:59 AM
FYI I reraise to $9 and force them to define their hands. Fold to any push and throw out blocking bets on the turn / river.

swolfe
04-09-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Suited middle one-gap in MP? Actually, that's a little bit too loose for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

limping that is fine after two limpers...

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 03:18 AM
You think?

I like to play SC but the problem here is when you flop

Q 10 J in a raised pot, AK will stack you.

+

When you hit 2 pair a Q 10 K 8 and even 7 on board with it occassionally will make nuts for someone.

I still dont get the fascination with J9s myself.

AncientPC
04-09-2005, 03:21 AM
I know the feeling, for the longest time I had trouble with QJ and QT (similar to J9). The times they make top two pair someone else can have a straight draw. The times they make top pair you might be outkicked.

These hands are pretty frustarting to play sometimes.

soah
04-09-2005, 03:22 AM
If you're getting stacked with second pair/no kicker then your postflop play sucks.

And ANY hand that makes two pair is vulnerable to a straight if a third connecting card shows up -- unless you're playing trash like K5 or something. And guess what -- you're going to be the guy holding a straight just as often as you're going to be the guy with two pair. If you play better than your opponents then you should be a net winner in these situations.

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 03:23 AM
Ya, and Q10s is popping up in ALOT of my raised pots....
sometimes after a HEALTHY reraise.

I dont get it seriously unless we are both SUPER deep.

theredpill5
04-09-2005, 03:28 AM
He could have just had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif . Who knows. EP folded to his $5 bet on the turn. It wouldn't be far fetched to see him flip over A/images/graemlins/heart.gif high with no pair. Players at the .10/.25 NL are [censored] crazy. Absolutely nuts. Everyday, I see something more astonishing than before.

AncientPC
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
And when you move up, you realise they are the same idiots but with more money.

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 03:31 AM
G-d I hope so.

Im on a 1000 BB rush over the last couple days at 50$

So Im dreaming big.... Ill probably take a shot or 2 at regularly playing the 100$ pretty shortly. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AncientPC
04-09-2005, 03:33 AM
I'm dreaming big too, but I'm in the process of rebuilding my roll (plus poker is sole income).

Sometimes I just feel like skipping Party 200 to the 400 for more table selection.

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 03:39 AM
I took a shot @ 2-4 awhile back while having some personal problems....BIG mistake. 4 buyins later im much wiser.

This is an actual hand at 2-4 that I played at the height of my tiltation.

I pick up J10s in MP and feel the need to pop it up bc you know Ive been so passive over the first 20 hands....

I get one caller to my right.

A 7 2 (rainbow) I bet the pot he calls.

turn comes 10 giving me a Flush draw I pot it again, a wise and prudent semi bluff on my part my tilted brain believed....he smooth calls.

River is a brick and I immediately move in. The pots so big and he can call this right>?

He calls instantaneously with AJo /images/graemlins/confused.gif MHING

soah
04-09-2005, 03:40 AM
I'm not sure how you can simultaneously pick up both a flush draw and a pair unless the deck is rigged.

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Ya I just realized that.

The tilt got to my memory...... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perhaps the 10 was on the flop....no matter the point was I was playing badly and they arent afraid to call.

AncientPC
04-09-2005, 03:42 AM
I took a shot at Prima 2/4 (when I was still playing Party 50NL) back in late December.

I still believe I did not play bad, I was just on the bad end of variance. My bankroll could possibly handle it, but my mind couldn't. Not when I ended down a grand after 6 hours, it just made me feel sick.

swolfe
04-09-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I took a shot at Prima 2/4 (when I was still playing Party 50NL) back in late December.

I still believe I did not play bad, I was just on the bad end of variance. My bankroll could possibly handle it, but my mind couldn't. Not when I ended down a grand after 6 hours, it just made me feel sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been playing the 2/4 regularly after having taken a few shots in past months. i finally decided that the only way i'm going to get used to throwing around that kind of money was to do it...and now i'm $4,000 richer.