PDA

View Full Version : Alot of bluffing at party

deepsquat
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Ive recently switched from paradise to party. I found the games at paradise to be tighter and more transparent. i have a hard time knowing when to dump a hand like this when a scare card hits at party. It just seems whenever the boards pairs or an ace hits people will have a shot at it.

This is a bad example cos the turn is clear fold and i misplayed it but how do you guys cope with scare cards like this when u dont have reads?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

zuluking
04-08-2005, 11:16 PM
I'd play it the same and call any river bet from UTG.

bighomage
04-08-2005, 11:19 PM
You played it just the same as I would have played it. The key at Party is to stay very aggressive until you are shown aggression. When you are, you have to call down after you've flopped something like top pair because many will bluff.

Ianco15
04-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Without reads, I don't see how you cannot fold on the turn.

Ship__It

Greg J
04-08-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You would really be surprised how many times Party players at this level get a wild hair up thier ass and bluff here. I caught a few today bonus clearing at .5/1.

Ianco15
04-08-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You would really be surprised how many times Party players at this level get a wild hair up thier ass and bluff here. I caught a few today bonus clearing at .5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Maybe I've been giving players too much credit.

One reason I said to fold is because I was woried about the kicker. With AQ I call down probably. Q4 has so many ways to be beaten though.

Ship__It.

deepsquat
04-09-2005, 12:32 AM
[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my problem, i never know when to call down or fold. Its the biggest leak in my game i feel.

KingOtter
04-09-2005, 12:37 AM
I played Paradise for a while before moving to Party. I was quite profitable at Paradise, but I had to make adjustments for Party.

Players at Party are dang close to what is said in SSH as 'players who play too many hands, and hold on to them too long'. Paradise players fold a bit more... while Party'ers hang on longer.

That's my interpretation, anyway.

You have to pay attention to odds, and be a little bit more tolerant of aggression. Paradise is also extremely passive.

KO

Greg J
04-09-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats my problem, i never know when to call down or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I feel you. I have the same problem. Remember, the raiser might be bluffing, but callers can't be, and passive reraisers rarely are.

[ QUOTE ]
Its the biggest leak in my game i feel.

[/ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt that.

GrunchCan
04-09-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats my problem, i never know when to call down or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I feel you. I have the same problem. Remember, the raiser might be bluffing, but callers can't be, and passive reraisers rarely are.

[ QUOTE ]
Its the biggest leak in my game i feel.

[/ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got me twice. Once when I clicked in to your profile to see the rest of your location, and again when I clicked your homepage link. Nice hand.