PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of Rookie Questions - And I hope answers

ewing55
04-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Just monving from ring games to SnG's

1) I use PokerTracker & PlayerView. Does it help in SnG's and if so how do you use it. (What numbers mean what to you.)

2) Is there an easy way to get a seat on Party? I pull up a table with open seats. By the time I click on "take seat" and click the check box to authorize the $11 the seat is taken. It usually takes me about 5 attempts to get into a seat. (Is this musical chairs /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

3) How do you make those stupid smiley faces on Party?

4) Is Party (& skins) the best place to play?

Thanks to all you posters. I'm learn'n me lots. Now if'm I could just'm maka me some moneey!!!!

------------Jeff

The Yugoslavian
04-08-2005, 10:27 PM
1 - It will help...not nearly as much....I used to use playerview but it was too buggy for STTs for me for whatever reason so I stopped.

2 - I've 8 tabled the $11s and it wasn't really all *that* hard to get tables when I wanted them....that said, yes, they fill up fast.

3 - turn chat off if you're going to be spending your time trying to make smiley faces...

4 - consensus is party is best for $/hr.....others are better for ROI maximization and/or ITM maximization

Yugoslav

Freudian
04-08-2005, 10:43 PM
1. It will give you a general idea of who is loose and who is tight. In a specific hand anything can happen so don't get too attatched to what PT tells you. It is a small help, nothing more nothing less.

2. Just keep the lobby as your active window and fight for your seat like a starved hyena.

3. : ) ; ) : D (without the spaces).

4. For most I would think it is. A SnG will not take that long due to stack sizes and blinds, but will still reward skill to a satisfactory level.

Of course if you were to comb the net, you will probably find a site with even worse players somewhere (probably Pacific) but all things considered (being able to multitable, number of players, being able to use PT, quality of opposition) Party is the best choice. If you play purely for enjoyment, you will get more bangs per buck on Stars since those tend to last twice as long as the Party games.

ewing55
04-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey Yugoslav

You seem really smart. I keep looking at (and dreaming about) your avatar but it never moves. I would *really* like to see some movement!
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dfscott
04-08-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2) Is there an easy way to get a seat on Party? I pull up a table with open seats. By the time I click on "take seat" and click the check box to authorize the $11 the seat is taken. It usually takes me about 5 attempts to get into a seat. (Is this musical chairs /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Try autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com). It will at least speed checking the checkbox, which is what seems to slow me down the most.

1C5
04-10-2005, 11:49 PM
How does that autohot key thing work exactly?

spentrent
04-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Somebody named ComeOnPhish -- are you here? cuz thanks -- taught me how to make the smileys work when they're not appearing. Switch to "nothing" in the "chat options" dropdown then switch it back to "dealer: everything" or "dealer: normal" (or whatever other setting you use)

dfscott
04-11-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does that autohot key thing work exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a fairly complex scripting language, but all I use it for is to tell it to move the mouse to X, Y and click. I have X, Y set to the location of the checkbox that confirms you want to buy-in to the SnG. The script itself is trivial:

#z::MouseClick, left, 66, 250

So, basically I just click on an open seat and hit "windows-Z" and I usually get that seat.