PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Jacks..I hate them!

dozer
04-08-2005, 09:48 PM
UTG+2 and MP2 is a loose/passive/passive, CO is a tight/agressive/passive.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds.

River: (13.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB
I reraise the flop with a overpair, I figured CO was going for a free card play, I doubt anyone would have a 2.
Advice on how I should have played this hand, thank you.
I know the river call was pretty bad, I was in denile that I could have been beaten, I just hate folding on the river in big pots for one bet.

istewart
04-08-2005, 09:50 PM
I too wonder if there's value in a river bet, considering it did help you statistically. Cut off the action next time /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Shillx
04-08-2005, 10:07 PM
I figured CO was going for a free card play

Care to elaborate? I don't see what hand would want to go for a free card on this board.

I know the river call was pretty bad, I was in denile that I could have been beaten, I just hate folding on the river in big pots for one bet.

The river call isn't bad at all. In fact, you should have gone ahead and bet the river. You have to be careful of people taking stabs with hands that they somehow got the to river with in big pots.

Brad

Dave G.
04-08-2005, 10:13 PM
River call is fine. The A didn't help anyone who didn't already have you beaten, and it's now infact less likely that you are beaten, so you should probably even bet here.

Rest of the hand looks good.

dozer
04-08-2005, 10:23 PM
At the time I was thinking he might be doing it with overcards and a backdoor flush , because I couldn't put him on any hand that he would raise this board with except pocket tens. Now I'm thinking he probably had a ten, and was not as tight as what GT+ shows.

dozer
04-08-2005, 10:32 PM
So bet the river and call or fold to a raise?
Since both players are passive, I figured that they wouldn't raise the turn even if they hit an ace. But would definately raise with aces full.