PDA

View Full Version : No Emmitt

Ryan_21
10-27-2002, 03:15 PM
Very disappointed today, Emmitt is going for the record and the last update I saw on fox, is that he is 35 yards away, yet this game is not being televised in my area, and I dont think its on any area except maybe Texas.

This is going to be a monumental accomplishment. When McGwuire(sp?) and Bonds got close to breaking the homerun records all their games where televised.

Why is Emmitt not getting the same respect? I hope they dont do one of those cheesy flip flops when he gets a couple yards away and then switch back after he breaks it. Even worse disrespect would be if we have to watch it on replay or sportcenter.

This just disgusts me that its not televised.

Ryan_21

Jimbo
10-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Ryan,

It is being televised here and he made it with an 11 yard run early in the 4th quarter.

Jimbo

Ryan_21
10-27-2002, 07:40 PM
I had the pleasure of watching this play on the post game show after it was already over.

They were televising the Jets/Browns game and Bucs/Panthers game in my area.

Now I have nothing against the Jets or Browns but people in Florida really dont care about that game one bit. Why would the network even play it in my area boggles my mind.

Furthermore, I like the Bucs but it is really boring to watch Martin Gramatica kick 4 field goals and that is all the scoring for the Bucs.

I think the T.V. networks could've done better and played the Cowboys game, atleast switched to it in the second half when he was 35 yards away. Even if they didnt want to replace the beloved/snail like Bucs game, they should've switched the Jets/Browns game.

I think it is a slap in the face to Emmitt that this game was not televised in all parts of the country. Sorry Emmitt, you still get my respect.

Ryan_21