PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

stupidsucker
04-08-2005, 08:21 PM
I ran into what I thought was a very interesting hand. The exact chip count and such dont matter here.

10 handed level-1
Even-ish stacks
TT CO-ish position.

I raised it to 55 to get it HU, or fold to too much action.

BB pushes on me... Its HU..

Normaly I fold this with no thought at all, BUT...

during the betting and thought process, I notice the chat...

This guy has been pushing every hand in preflop claiming he has to go. All the while announcing and showing his cards to prove it.

He says J8. No mention of suits. You hold TT.

Scuba Chuck
04-08-2005, 08:34 PM
unfortunately I've seen this more often that I can almost believe possible. He's telling you the truth. Those are good odds.

Gramps
04-08-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy has been pushing every hand in preflop claiming he has to go. All the while announcing and showing his cards to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...you'd be 75% against a "truly random" hand. You're close to that against J8. I don't care about what he says in chat, based on his previous actions is an absolute no-brainer of a call.

If I knew he had J8, it's an absolute no-brainer of a call - even if suited J8, you're a 2 to 1 favorite.

So...in sum...no-brainer of a call. IMO at least.

nut_flush22
04-08-2005, 09:39 PM
If it was 10,10 in real life, I would call him, but on the internet, bad beats CONSTANTLY. I would probably call, its one of those now or never situations. You got 2 of the 10's so a straight is pretty much out of the question for him.

The Yugoslavian
04-08-2005, 10:30 PM
This is a real life situation.

TT will be busted by J8 exactly as frequently as it would in B&M games.

Ummm....yeah, cutting out straight possiblities helps somewhat...but having two TT vs. J8 is a nobrainer call anyway...

Yugoslav