PDA

View Full Version : two pair OOP

AllIn3High
04-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Hi, i've been lurking for while, but this is my first post. I'd like some comments on the following hand:

Ignore the pre-flop call, i must have had a brain hemorrhage or something.

Cryptologic $0.5/$1.0 PL. 6 handed.

Normende ($21) (small blind)
AllIn3Hi ($94) (big blind)
Indymoron ($111.25)
SavvyTom ($87.75)
GSXR ($35.50)
Scot001 ($102.83)

I get Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG raises to $3
GSXR calls
The small blind calls
I also call. (For some reason)

Flop: (pot $12)
8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

Small blind checks
I bet the pot ($12)
UTG raises to $24
GSXR folds
Small blind goes all-in for for his remaining $18
I call

Turn: (pot $78)
8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif - T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check
UTG bets $25
I call

River: (pot $128)
8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif - 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check
UTG checks

Comments appriciated.

EDIT:
Forgot - UTG was new at the table, so no reads.

TrailofTears
04-08-2005, 08:13 PM
Push the flop after the SB does. I can't imagine that UTG would min-raise with a set of queens on a board that is as drawless as Bob Ross's easel these days. You are very likely ahead here and a push would be nice.

Edit: I don't know if I agree with what I just said. I think you have UTG drawing very thin here, and I don't want a dry sidepot when it looks suspiciously like the SB has a set and has you drawing very thin.

-Trail

tbach24
04-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Either lead the turn or if you think he'll be it, check/raise. But probably lead it would be best.

AllIn3High
04-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Bet/Check-Raise All-in or something like half the pot?

Playing it the way i did, do i call a bet on the river?

tbach24
04-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Eh...depending on what the pot is laying me. I probably block that river. The decision would've been easier had you left the turn (I would go full pot).

AllIn3High
04-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Ok, thanks for the respones.

UTG showed KK for a rivered better two pairs.
SB mucked his hand.

Afterwards i sort of knew i should have raised somewhere, he'd have called anyway but i would have felt better /images/graemlins/smile.gif.