PDA

View Full Version : tought hand, fold this even though I have proper pot odds to call?

dnegz
04-08-2005, 07:19 PM
home game tournament, 20$ buy in, 9 players at the start, 2nd place gets $ back, 1st takes the rest. 3 players left. I have about 60$ worth of chips, I barely have villain covered. Other guy is at about 20$ worth of chips. blinds just got raised to 3/6. Villain is a very tight player, not very aggresive though.

Pre-flop
button folds, Hero in SB completes with 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif , BB checks.
Flop is j74 rainbow
hero checks, villain bets 6$, which gives me 3 to 1 odds to call my open ender. I call. I also like my implied odds that he will pay me the rest of his chips if i make my straight.
Turn is 4 (no flush draw)
i check, villain goes for another 6, pot now gives me 5 to 1 to call, I briefly consider the possibility that I am drawing dead, but I call.
River is a 3
What is my action?

Was it stupid of me to chase considering I was chip leader and my stack is only 10xBB? I did have correct pot odds to call, however since minimum bet is 10% of my stack, maybe i shouldn't? I will post the results later today, Any comments in general are really appreciated... Thanks,

Kyle