PDA

View Full Version : River play? Good, bad, ugly?

ricochet420
04-08-2005, 06:58 PM
No real reads, UTG's #'s seem to imply very LAG, 66%vpip. Sb shows very tight, 12.5% over 25 hands. UTG+1 is even tighter. MP2 seems a little loose. CO is new to table.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.
Just calling down with the odds, I believe I have 5 outs?

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls. Same here, I do have odds to call right?

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

No_Stake
04-08-2005, 07:13 PM
u had 6.5 outs on the flop not 5 and i would have folded on the turn

elitegimp
04-08-2005, 07:13 PM
how did UTG play post-flop? If he's loose-passive, the turn bet almost certainly means trips. Even if it doesn't, you're getting 9:1 on the turn call with (at best) 5 outs -- not worth it, especially since you may be drawing dead. My vote is fold the turn.

As for your river play, MP2 either hit the same boat as you or slow-played his 8. Was your goal with the 3-bet to split one more bet from UTG? Because there's no way you're dragging this entire pot... and I'm fairly sure (given the action) that you aren't getting the split either.

When you call this flop, you need to tell yourself to fold if you don't hit 2-pair, trips, or another /images/graemlins/club.gif

Shillx
04-08-2005, 07:22 PM
This entire hand is awful.

PF - Check.

Flop - Given that you did raise PF from the BB with A2s. at least bet the flop when you make a hand!

Turn - Again bet if you just got called on the flop. Fold to a raise.

River - Now you have no idea where you stand because you messed up the 1st three streets. I would fold to the river raise as his play is somewhat consistant with someone having an eight (going for overcalls on the turn). Even if you do coldcall, UTG can still reraise behind you and then you would have to invest 2 BB just to throw it away to a 3-bet. Yuck dude this hand is a mess.

Brad

ricochet420
04-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the input.

I have played a few hands rather poorly lately. I just need some other people to tell me how poorly I played them. Then hopefully I will stop playing so poorly.

ricochet420
04-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks man, that's why I posted this.

This was your exact answer to the KQs post I made last night. I have made a couple real bad plays and need some scolding!Sincerly![ QUOTE ]
This entire hand is awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

DeuceKicker
04-08-2005, 07:36 PM
I think we have a candidate for Misplayed On Every Street

Why did you raise pre-flop?

Since the pot was raised you might be able to justify seeing the turn. But if so, I'd try to be the aggressor by betting out or check-raising if you're confident that a late-position player might bet to steal. Did you check the flop because you didn't like your hand, or because you were hoping it would check through? Since CO bet out, I'd either fold or check-raise to thin the field.

When a new player comes to life on the paired turn and you didn't hit an A,2 or /images/graemlins/club.gif, it's time to dump the hand. You say, "I do have odds to call right?" Odds for what? What card/s are you drawing to? A 2 now probably does you no good, neither does an A if anyone hit that 8, and the flush is out of the question. At this point, I'd only be drawing to runner-runner AA or 22, and I think my odds are a little shy of that draw.

3-betting the river was probably the worst play. If UTG doesn't have an 8, then MP2 most certainly does.