PDA

View Full Version : When did u start 8-tabling?

J-Lo
04-08-2005, 06:53 PM
How many tourneys do y'all play per day or week or month...
How many of you 8 table and what level?
Most importantly, at what level did u start 8 tabling? I've already started 8 tabling at the $33 level-- dropped 25 buyins--- but hadta drop down to the $22's. 8 tabling the 22's seems straightforward, but am i losing to much in learning experience to 8 table so soon? BTW i'm goin back to $33's, because last weekend i made over 30 buyins, and it's the weekend agan... wish me luck.

raptor517
04-08-2005, 07:16 PM
-100 a day, try to do 5 days a week, try to do 2k a month.
-I 8 table at the 109s right now, and SOME 215s, when i feel like donating.
-i started 8 tabling the 33s for about 200, then the 55s for like 4k, then the 109s for a bajillion. now im slowly working my way up to the 215s. good luck /images/graemlins/wink.gif

holla

apd138
04-08-2005, 07:24 PM
I started 6-8 tabling $11 because I didn't want to move up ie I lack confidence. I moved to the $22's and I now 4 table them and am doing quite well. Hoping to move to the $33's once I get some more under my belt. I think I moved to 8 tables far too early and only realized it once I finally moved to the $22's.

citanul
04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
i haven't started 8 tabling =( i try to play about 25 a day, spread between the 100s and 200s.

i've been slacking off, partly due to running well when i am playing, and being lazy, lately.

citanul, who needs to buy another 2001fp.

edit: 5 days a week max

beeyjay
04-08-2005, 07:32 PM
- 300-350 a week
- 55s, Ive only played about 700 of these, I just started putting in a ton more hours a couple of weeks ago.
- started 8 tabling at the 33s, played about 800 of those, after 4 tabling 500 or so 22s and 300 11s probably
- Yesterday I was up 24 buyins in 5 hours, today Im down 10 in 2 hours.

stupidsucker
04-08-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-100 a day, try to do 5 days a week, try to do 2k a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you meet this goal often? I find doing 30 a day nerve wracking. I rarely ever do more then 40 in a day. 8 tabling I culd only imagine doing 75 a day tops.

Maulik
04-09-2005, 01:09 AM
I'd like to shoot for 100/week. But it hard... I live with my parents and they can't know I gamble...

Edit: I started 8 tabling the $11s after I first played them and say how easy they were. Then had a leak. Plugged the leak and now 4 table the $33s during the weekend. During the week I'll 8 table $22s.

TheUsher
04-09-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to shoot for 100/week. But it hard... I live with my parents and they can't know I gamble...

Edit: I started 8 tabling the $11s after I first played them and say how easy they were. Then had a leak. Plugged the leak and now 4 table the $33s during the weekend. During the week I'll 8 table $22s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been one hell of a plug to jump from 11's to 33's that quick. Care to share? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

syphlix
04-09-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why 8-22's on weekdays and 4-33's on weekends?

raptor517
04-09-2005, 01:35 AM
its not gambling. break down the numbers and show them some graphs, theyll see the magic. holla

Apathy
04-09-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i've been slacking off, partly due to running well when i am playing, and being lazy, lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO seriously this deserves its own thread in psychology I have been thinking about posting this same idea there for a long time and i woul dove to hear your thought about it... one of my many endurance problems is playing a lot when im running well...also my laziness somwhat inhibites me, and the fact i should be studying.

Apathy
04-09-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its not gambling. break down the numbers and show them some graphs, theyll see the magic. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

We also need to talk about this...

-Apathy

-My 600th post!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptor517
04-09-2005, 04:33 AM
ok, lets talk. you cant possibly convince me this can in any way be bad for me. ok, well, you could, if i started playing only step 5s.. but still, i could go on a tear early and have the bankroll for em. then itd be good /images/graemlins/wink.gif bwahahahahaha

Apathy
04-09-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, lets talk. you cant possibly convince me this can in any way be bad for me. ok, well, you could, if i started playing only step 5s.. but still, i could go on a tear early and have the bankroll for em. then itd be good /images/graemlins/wink.gif bwahahahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand.. I need your help with convincing certain people that I make a bajillion dollars using graphs etc.

Fuc.k I'm going to bed.

Maulik
04-09-2005, 04:49 AM
I'll make an attempt to provide an insightful post tomorrow. I've had good night and need some good sleep.

raptor517
04-09-2005, 05:42 AM
its simple, but takes about an hour. i brought my dad over and sat him down and showed him my graphs, charts, notes, pokertracker, etc. then, i let him play 2 tables of 10 dollar sngs and we monied in them both. that helped convince him a little bit that i wasnt just throwing my life away /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Chaos81
04-09-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its simple, but takes about an hour. i brought my dad over and sat him down and showed him my graphs, charts, notes, pokertracker, etc. then, i let him play 2 tables of 10 dollar sngs and we monied in them both. that helped convince him a little bit that i wasnt just throwing my life away /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you do when your dad already knows all of it and still doesn't want you to play? /images/graemlins/frown.gif He does decent in ring games himself, and he knows I can play the lower limit sng's with a positive ROI, but for some reason he still doesn't
want me to play. Sorry for the OT. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back on topic, I think I'll start 8 tabling about 9 months from now. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

J-Lo
04-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Chaos, i defintely think you should respect your parents wishes, as long as you live under their roof. So, you know what to do.

edit: On a more "helpful" note, ummm.... buy him a new c-klass... that should convince him.

Kanchi
04-09-2005, 12:09 PM
What Uni. are you at?

My exams are just starting at York.

I'm getting alaptop soon, when I do I'll start 4+ tabling.

Maulik
04-09-2005, 01:39 PM
The leaks I have corrected from my bad run at the $11s were as follows:

Playing the bubble to passively. There were times I wasn’t playing weak and it would be obvious to anyone that I had a strong hang and more often than not I was winning the blinds. I could have used this to my advantage in an attempt to steal more blinds.

I did not like pushing my chips with 93o, but more importantly, I was unable to figure out when I should be pushing 93o. When you start pushing with these hands, make sure you don’t have someone who is calling and showing anything, it will quickly become its own leak.

Big leak, not managing my chip stack well. Every decision after lvl 3 needs to make considerations in regard to blinds, chip stack, position, blinds as a % of your stack. I can’t stress how important this is.

Another problem I found, I was not willing to call with AQ, why? That’s a great question, aggression is great, but here on the bubble, you will find almost any Ax pushing, so chances are I’m dominating that hand, or flipping a coin with a pocket pair or a better scenario is: KQ, KJ, J10, etc… You’ve got to analyze whose pushing and why? Is he getting desperate, are the blinds going to suck out 50% of his stack?

Basically what it comes down to during the crapshoot is making good positional pushes against opponents you’ve picked out from play and making calls when you’ve figured out what the raiser or short-stack is holding.

Guys, please tell me if you found anything of value in this post. I started my first 300 $11s with an ITM around 41.67%, but was a result of getting lucky. Last week I lost 20 buyins. Read this board and posted a lot more, I’m guessing the regulars noticed… Nonetheless, I was able to confidently say I plugged the leaks and with my BR allowed me to skip the $22s during the weekends.

Maulik
04-10-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This seems like an easy all in imo.
your only slightly behind to a low pocket pair, and an enormous underdog to AA or KK.
if BB calls, chances are good it holds a good long term gain, afterall in short hand he may call you with any ace, any two broad way cards, ect. Play to win, play to win, play to win. For a while i tried playing the 'out blind the short stack' game, and these guys would get 4 lucky all ins in a row all the bloody time, but when i get short stacked i'm gone.

Assuming this is your typical everyday SNG, not some high dollar thing you probably shouldn't be in (because of your bankroll, not skill). In which case i'd be more conservative.

[/ QUOTE ]galahad_187

AK Allin? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2116660&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

The right idea here is avoiding as many of these situations as possible. The more times you flip a coin the closer you'll get to a bell curve. You've got to pick the opponents wisely.