PDA

View Full Version : A couple of AJ hands

chipolino
04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Since I need some help improving my weak tight ass here are a couple of hands to start. I plan to post several hands a day since I really need my play to be critiqued. However, I don't wanna flood the forum. Any suggestions on how many hands a day is adequate?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks. Bet here?

River: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls. Fold?

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

Hand #2.
Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Do I 3-bet here?

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds.

River: (8.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

toss
04-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Post hands that you have trouble with and feel will generate some good discussion. Keep in mind you can rad theexisting posts and learn a helluva lot.

First hand I would bet the turn and check behind on the river. Don't assume the worst until he bets or raises.

Second hand looks just fine. You can 3-bet the flop if you think it'll buy you a free card.

jrz1972
04-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn. That's the last bet that you're putting in this pot. (Fold to a check-raise, fold if villian leads the river, check behind if he checks to you). Your fold equity is too high not to fire one last bet here.

Hand 2: Perfect. If the board were not paired a 3-bet would be okay, but here just calling is fine.

toss
04-08-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the board were not paired a 3-bet would be okay

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this so? I thought it would be jsut the opposite.

chaz64
04-08-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the board were not paired a 3-bet would be okay

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this so? I thought it would be jsut the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it devalues the flush draw?

jrz1972
04-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Against two opponents, pumping your flush draw is slightly +EV. (When you add in overcards, its definitely +EV).

With a paired board, you're no longer drawing to the nuts, so you have to devalue your outs somewhat. You can make your flush and still lose. And your overcard outs may be worthless.

Basically with a paired board, your hand just isn't as strong a draw as it would be if there were no boat possibilities.

Maybe a 3-bet is still +EV here, but it's closer than it would be on a ragged board.

toss
04-08-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm saying it would be more favorable to 3-bet on this board since its less likely that someone holds a pair now.

MrWookie47
04-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Yeah, it's less likely that someone has a hand, but the very expensive times when someone has trips to your TPGK or a house to your flush mean that calling sounds like a better proposition to me. It's probably close though.

Just in case someone misreads this, by no means am I advocating folding.