PDA

View Full Version : Jeffords, the conspiracy theorist

Broken Glass Can
04-08-2005, 04:13 PM
U.S. Sen. Jim Jeffords, the Vermont Independent, may face a clear field right now in a 2006 re-election bid, but his March 22 performance on Vermont Public Radio's Switchboard program raised a few eyebrows.

For starters, Jeffords, who opposes the war in Iraq, predicted the Bush administration would start a war in Iran to help elect a third member of the Bush clan to the White House.

<font color="red"> "I think it was all done to get oil,"</font> Jeffords said of invading Iraq.<font color="red"> "And the loss of life that we had, and the cost of it, was to me just a re-election move, and they're going to try to live off it. Probably start another war, wouldn't be surprised, next year. Probably in Iran."</font>

"Do you think that's likely?" VPR host Bob Kinzel asked.

<font color="red"> "I probably shouldn't even talk on it, I just feel so bitter about the thinking that's gone on behind them, and the reasons they go to war and went to war," </font>Jeffords replied.<font color="red"> "But I feel very strongly that they are looking ahead, and that there will be an opportunity to go into Iran and try to get their son elected president. I don't know, but you do it each time they (are) going to have a new president. I'm very, very </font>(Jeffords chuckles).<font color="red"> Oh, well, I better be quiet." </font>

source, and should be available on NPR soon. (http://www.vnews.com/04072005/2345097.htm)

Dead
04-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Jeffords is a great man.

He courageously left the Republican Party when it moved too far to the right, and didn't accept moderates anymore. I expect Olympia Snowe to switch parties any day now.

Beavis68
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
This is funny!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Jeffords is a great man.

He courageously left the Republican Party when it moved too far to the right, and didn't accept moderates anymore. I expect Olympia Snowe to switch parties any day now.

[/ QUOTE ]

BCPVP
04-08-2005, 05:09 PM
"He courageously left the Republican Party..."
More like cowardly switched after being elected.

"...when it moved too far to the right, and didn't accept moderates anymore."
Last I checked, we still had people like McCain. If you consider him as a far right-winger, than I guess that shows how far from the center you are. But I guess this came from the Kerry-worshipper here so I shouldn't be surprised... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead
04-08-2005, 05:13 PM
McCain is pretty much a conservative.

His American Conservative Union rating is in the 80s(on a scale of 1-100), last I checked. That places him solidly in the conservative camp.

He toes the party line on most things except for a few like gun control and campaign finance reform, but he's still anti-choice, anti-gay rights, and pro-war. He plays to his maverick image a bit but there is no chance that McCain will jump to the Dem Party.

He reminds me a lot of Goldwater(and Goldwater sucked).

BCPVP
04-08-2005, 05:18 PM
His overall ACU rating is 83. But the last two years it was in the low 70s. Hardly that right wing.

His stance on campaign finance reform sucks though. Trying to ban money from the electoral process is stupid because as you can see, those who would donate find a way to get around it and it's a limitation on speech anyway.

Felix_Nietsche
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
"He reminds me a lot of Goldwater(and Goldwater sucked)."
I liked Goldwater and I see ZERO comparison with Goldwater and McCain...
Goldwater was a leader of the right-wing of the republican party.
McCain is a moderate republican at best...

Dead
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Ok, one point at a time:

First, about the rating. 50 means that someone is a centrist. 75 would be a moderate conservative and 25 would be a moderate liberal. McCain is a moderate conservative. He's well within the conservative mainstream with his 81 rating.

Snowe is way below that. She really belongs in the Dem party, especially considering the rightward drift of your party.

As to the second point, I agree with you. Campaign finance reform is a huge restriction on free speech, and as someone who respects the Constitution, I was disgusted when Congress passed it. Both parties [censored] themselves right in the ass with this one, but the Democrats especially, since the Republicans can fundraise much more easily now.

Soft money should be allowed, but not just because it benefits Democrats. Because contributing to campaigns is a way to express your opinion, and that should not be banned.

I also vehemently disagree with the 60 day restriction on political speech before a congressional election.

BCPVP
04-08-2005, 05:34 PM
*The last few years, McCain has barely been a moderate conservative.

*Hillary Clinton is the only Dem I see floating towards the right (not like it would help her). A little pot calling the kettle black? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

*Snowe has a lifetime rating of 51, but in 04 she had a 60 and the year before that a 35. Either she's just wishy-washy, or she's up for re-election.

*I agree with all of your other points about CFR

Dead
04-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Hillary Clinton happens to be my Senator, and she is an anti-semitic bitch. She called Dick Morris a "[censored] Jew bastard" and she also made some anti-Indian remark which involved Gandhi.

She supports Israel because you basically have to in order to win a statewide election in New York. I don't support Israel, and yet I'm constantly accused of being an anti-semite on here, for that reason. If you want to see a real anti-Semite, look no farther than HRC.

If she runs for President then I will not vote for her. I will probably end up voting for the Green Party candidate or writing in someone else.

Edit: I edited the comment calling HRC stupid out of my post. She is not stupid, but she is a conniving bitch.

BCPVP
04-08-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hillary Clinton...is an anti-semitic bitch

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I don't support Israel, and yet I'm constantly accused of being an anti-semite on here, for that reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call you anti-semitic, but you do seem to find only the faults of Israel and put little emphasis on the faults of the Palestinians. Whether you believe Israel is totally to blame or not, you seem to give that impression.

Dead
04-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Please, man. Even if I find Israel at fault for a lot of stuff, even hinting that I am anti-semitic really impugns my integrity.

Can you show me one post of mine where I have said even one anti-Semitic thing? I've called other people anti-semitic on here when I thought they were being so. Criticizing Israel doesn't make me anti-Semitic any more than criticizing the Pope makes me anti-Catholic.

BCPVP
04-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I guess you missed the part of my post where I said I wouldn't call you anti-semetic. I don't think you are, but you are hyper-critical of Israel while your criticism of Palestine seems pale at best. I think that might be why others have called you anti-semetic.

Dead
04-08-2005, 06:01 PM
I'm hyper critical of Israel because I don't think that Israelis have learned the lessons of 60 years ago. Nazis took innocent people and gassed them. Israelis aren't doing that to the Palis(yet), but it seems that some on here would like them to do exactly that. Some people on here don't even regard the Palestinians as humans.

They don't realize how closely related the Palestinians are to their Israeli brothers. They share so many chromosomes.

"Although the genetic affinity of Jews to the ancient, Middle Eastern non-Arab populations is greater than to Arabs (as shown in the present study), a substantial portion of Y-chromosomes of Jews (70%) and Palestinian Moslem Arabs (50%) belong to the same chromosome pool. An additional 30% of the Moslem Arab chromosomes belong to a very closely related lineage"

link (http://www.bridgesforpeace.com/publications/dispatch/inventionsinnovations/Article-13.html)

jaxmike
04-12-2005, 11:09 AM
I wonder if Leiberman will switch over to the Republican side? I think he's a better fit with the GOP.

Dead
04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think he's a better fit with the GOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so too. I wish this neocon would switch parties.