PDA

View Full Version : Game 7's are usually unpredictable but...

Wildbill
10-27-2002, 05:31 AM
Usually they are fairly low scoring. Then again neither team really got here on their pitching which is usually the case this late in the season. In any event I am backing the under 10, paid a little extra to get it compared to the mostly 9.5 out there. Last game means lots of pitching matchups for one hitter and a very tight and conservative game as teams will scratch to score just one run if its still close. I think Hernandez will bounce back and Lackey will pitch a more effective game than people are expecting of a rookie in such a situation. As long as both pens don't implode again I think this looks like a 4-3 games. I do have to say I am rather surprised by the Angels being a pretty good sized favorite, as the last game ended my thought was Lackey would be about -115 at most so -130 to 135 is a bit of a value, but I think after the way they lost the Giants could come out just a tinge flat so I will stay off a side.

vegasone
10-27-2002, 12:53 PM
maybe i've been watching too many hockey game 7's, but i seem to remember most game 7's being blow outs. one team gets on a roll and it's all over. (i think we remember the close ones and forget the others) this year especially since, i don't see dominating pitching to take over a game 7.

i do think the under has some value because both managers will bunt and play for the one run (like molina bunting in the 8th last night. wtf was that ?)

scalf
10-27-2002, 05:02 PM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif ya gotta bet the home team...big recent trend...jmho..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jimbo
10-27-2002, 06:57 PM
I tend to agree Scalf. Home teams in game 7 are 8-0 since 1980.

Jimbo