PDA

View Full Version : Why is it lightsabers can absorb lightening?

shakingspear
04-08-2005, 03:23 PM
All right, so this is a couple of years late. But I'm at work and I'm bored and this is what I thought I'd think about today:

I don't understand why Obi Wan's lightsaber absorbed Count Dooku's force lightening in the last movie. Why wasn't it deflected? And where exactly did that energy go? He just kind of puts the lightsaber in the way and the lightening disappears. Can someone explain?

zagosh
04-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I'll try my best. You are a huge nerd.

JinX11
04-08-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicesh.

shakingspear
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But a bigger nerd I'd be if I had the answer.

vulturesrow
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All right, so this is a couple of years late. But I'm at work and I'm bored and this is what I thought I'd think about today:

I don't understand why Obi Wan's lightsaber absorbed Count Dooku's force lightening in the last movie. Why wasn't it deflected? And where exactly did that energy go? He just kind of puts the lightsaber in the way and the lightening disappears. Can someone explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flux capacitor absorbed it all.

Brian
04-08-2005, 03:39 PM
I believe it was Yoda's lightsaber that was able to absorb all of the lightning. And thus the answer is simple: Yoda is a badass.

-Brian

crownjules
04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe it was Yoda's lightsaber that was able to absorb all of the lightning. And thus the answer is simple: Yoda is a badass.

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

No man. Yoda's HAND absorbed the lightning. Thus the answer is: Yoda is even more badass then you previously thought.

astroglide
04-08-2005, 04:13 PM
i'm curious how yoda is going to remain a badass yet not participate in taking down darth or the emperor

note: don't tell me if you know, i don't want to risk losing any enjoyment for what could be yet another bad movie

jedi
04-08-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so I'll try to explain it in simple terms:

Star Wars is FICTION.

SpearsBritney
04-08-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge Star Wars fan

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/8035/laughing6406di.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

citanul
04-08-2005, 06:02 PM
er, did you watch the original movies (4 5 6)?

NLSoldier
04-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Nice avatar. Except the part where mat PMs you and tells you that you have to change it.

Freakin
04-08-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice avatar. Except the part where mat bans you and tells you that you have to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

felson
04-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: What substance was Han Solo frozen in?
Crowd of Star Wars fans: Carbonite!
Triumph: What?
Crowd: CARBONITE!
Triumph: No, no, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry. The correct answer is "who gives a [censored]?"

Brian
04-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Anyone have a link to this video? I'm hoping he goes back out for Episode 3.

-Brian

trotski
04-08-2005, 06:57 PM
triumph:(to darth vader fan) which one of these buttons calls your mother to come pick you up?

Brian
04-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah, that's one of the best lines. I also liked,

"Spoilers? Spoilers?! Anyone want some spoilers? I got a spoiler for you: You will die alone."

-Brian

felson
04-08-2005, 07:12 PM
I don't know where to find a downloadable copy, but Triumph has a DVD with this and other stuff on it.

Brian
04-08-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx

Re-watching it, I burst out laughing when he was talking to the pregnant woman.

<triumph> When is the baby due?
<pregnant woman> June 25th.
<triumph> That is the last time he'll ever see female genatalia.

-Brian

jnalpak
04-08-2005, 07:47 PM
ziegfield is right around the corner from my work, i cant wait when they start to line up...I WILL POST PICS!!!

jstnrgrs
04-08-2005, 07:47 PM
The reason that Obi Wan's light saber was able to absorb count Duooku's lightning is that it takes place in a movie. In movies, the normal laws of Physics often don't apply. In a movie prety much anything can happen, and no explination other than that the event takes place in a movie is nessessary.

citanul
04-09-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason that Obi Wan's light saber was able to absorb count Duooku's lightning is that it takes place in a movie. In movies, the normal laws of Physics often don't apply. In a movie prety much anything can happen, and no explination other than that the event takes place in a movie is nessessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I mean, in real life, a lightsaber totally couldn't absorb lightening. Ever.

citanul

Dominic
04-09-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's a freakin' kid's movie. I don't think it exactly conforms with the physical laws of the known universe.

That's like asking, "why can't Scooby Doo talk better, why does he mumble?"

felson
04-09-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ziegfield is right around the corner from my work, i cant wait when they start to line up...I WILL POST PICS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding idea.

IsaacW
04-10-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's like asking, "why can't Scooby Doo talk better, why does he mumble?"

[/ QUOTE ]
You sir, are an ass. Scooby is very sensitive about his speech impediment.

Klepton
04-10-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm drunk, but i haven't stopped laughing for like 2 minutes.

if you ever said this to someone in public i would laugh so hard i would probab;y, blah blah it's not important

the important thing is you're funny

Dominic
04-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Scooby can suk my dik.