PDA

View Full Version : Rebuy Tourny Stratagy. General question...

shag
04-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi
Just wondering about some thoughts on general strategy for a rebuy tournament during the rebuy period. I have played a fair amount but I want to make sure I'm thinking correctly. Specifically I will be playing in some 25+ R WSOP sattelites to accumulate W$ to play the larger qualifying tournament.

My thinking is to rebuy right when I sit down and play tight/super aggressive but seeing cheap flops if possible from late position to try and bust out the crazies during the rebuy period. From here I would add on and play standard tournament poker after the rebuy period.

How is my thinking. Any thoughts or critisisms welcome.

Thanks in advance
Sean

number5858
04-08-2005, 08:34 PM
That's been working for me, but you may not even need the add-on. If you have an above average stack at add-on time, then I probably wouldn't add on. Rebuying at the start definitely helps because when you double up, your doing it based on probably 3000 chips instead of 1500 chips. MLG talks about the impact of getting early chips later on in the tournament in one of his posts.

sloth469
04-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Regardless of chip count you always add-on. You are essentially playing a winner take all tourney the extra $25 is nothing in relation to the reward. Every bit helps, and the chips you add to your stack are rarely insignificant.

number5858
04-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Clarification: Since he said it was a $25 WSOP, I assumed it was a super-satellite and all he needed was to win a seat to the WSOP satellite. I don't usually need to addon to get a seat in a super-satellite, but if it were a cash game or a game where this is a direct satellite, then I would take advantage of the addon. These are two very different situations.