PDA

View Full Version : Strategy For B&M $30 MTT Sat. Night

Nalapoint1
04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Monthly VFW MTT $30buy in no rebuy +/-200people.First time i played i busted out with AA vs JQ 90 minutes in. Second time finished 28 out of 177.Blinds 1000/2000 ihad 5000 left with AT went all in vs 77.By the time blinds are at 500/1000 most of the chip leaders got there calling all in bets with K8o vs AA and KQo in multiway pots preflop and catching K8.Point is a lot of weak players get the big stacks.This is my strategy for Sat:EARLY no all in calls preflop except AA. Try to see cheap flops with premium hands and suited connectors.If i dont hit the flop hard fold to any bet.No chasing.If i hit set on flop move all in.
Blinds start at 5/10 and increase every 15 min.Blinds stay at 50/100 and 500/1000 for 30 min. and then back to 15 min for remainder or tourn.MIDDLE STRATEGY:Try to steal blinds at 200/400 level where these loose chip leaders seem to tighten up thinking they have a chance not realizing how much they depend on luck.Flop come T 7 A rainbow they call an all in with JQo vs TT catch the K and think they made a great call. Also at this level i just want to play the nuts in big pots, let these loose players bet into me and then raise on the river.My question: is this how you more experienced players would play this situation. And what would you suggest for final table play.I am assuming that the beeter players will make it there along with a couple lucky ones .I am hoping to make it there. Comments please.