PDA

View Full Version : Will pokertracker help my game?

Indiana
04-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Was thinking of getting it. Anyone tried it? I have been playing online at PS for 1.5 years. Any other software that you might recommend.
Thanks in advance,
Indiana

Bluffoon
04-08-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was thinking of getting it. Anyone tried it? I have been playing online at PS for 1.5 years. Any other software that you might recommend.
Thanks in advance,
Indiana

[/ QUOTE ]

Money well spent especially since pokerstars now saves the hand histories on your hard drive.

Download and demo it for free and see what you think.

Onaflag
04-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Absolutely. Get it. Learn it. Use it.

Onaflag.........

GFunk911
04-08-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will pokertracker help my game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

Sasnak
04-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Playing better helped my game. PT is a must.

Reef
04-08-2005, 05:29 PM
would a hungry fat kid eat a chocolate cake?

Cornell Fiji
04-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Listen I used pokertraker and it sucked. It made me lose a game last week. Since I didn't have enough money, i was forced to suck a dick so thta i could keep my life. All in all, pokertraker will make you suck a man's dick. End of story.

pokerstudAA
04-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Only you can help you game. PT is a useful tool to help you help yourself. Use it to review your play, discover leaks, and keep track of your winrates at different level. You must put in the time to make it work for you. PT is not magic just useful. That is all.

jkl
04-08-2005, 06:41 PM
how do you get hand historys on stars???

Bluffoon
04-08-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an option on the PS lobby window now that allows you to save the hand histories to your hard drive. So you set that up and then you go to the pokertracker auto import setup screen and add the path. It took me about ten seconds to set up and it works like a swiss watch.

TripleH68
04-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I just got it two days ago. I have been unable to stop salivating since. PT has sparked/renewed my interest in poker and $$$.

bogey
04-08-2005, 11:45 PM
well its not gonna hurt it

jojobinks
04-09-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an option on the PS lobby window now that allows you to save the hand histories to your hard drive. So you set that up and then you go to the pokertracker auto import setup screen and add the path. It took me about ten seconds to set up and it works like a swiss watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love PT. now i love it more.

TimsterToo
04-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I'm a newbie and have bought PT. At the moment I use it mainly to see if my evaluation of an opponent is right or wrong.

I have 3500 hands in the database (peanuts I know!) but I have a hard time finding a way to start evaluating my own play. Does anyone have any recommendations where to start?

Thanks!

Tim

jojobinks
04-09-2005, 12:05 PM
check the micro limit faq; it's got some good stuff about PT stats.

DrPhysic
04-09-2005, 12:57 PM
I started using PT in December after playing about as long as you have without it. I quickly found out that it is a MUCH stronger program for ring tables than for tournaments, and I am primarily a tournament player. The value to my game in evaluating my own play (and leaks) was sufficient that I decided to play Limit Ring just for that purpose. After 30K hands, I have a much better grasp of how I am playing and have made a number of improvements that are helping my tournament game as well. A good investment if you use it as a learning tool.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TimsterToo
04-09-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check the micro limit faq; it's got some good stuff about PT stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice, that FAQ will keep me busy for a couple of hours with all the info that's offered!

I'm also trying to get to grips with SSHE so the two combined and me trying to get as much hands in as possible on 0,50/1 on PP gives me plenty of outlet for my new obsession.

Thanks!

Tim