PDA

View Full Version : Fold a set early on 3-suited board?

revots33
04-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Very 1st hand of $11 tournament on Stars. I've got 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifand limp in middle position. SB calls, BB checks.

Flop comes K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

SB, BB check. I bet 150. SB goes all-in. BB folds.

Do I fold here seeing as how it's only the 1st hand, and he's representing a flush? Or should I call figuring a)I might have a semi-bluff beat and b)even if he's got the flush I might hit my full house.

And, was my 150 bet incorrect in this spot? Maybe I should have bet less, or even checked to see the turn?

I try to play extra tight in the early rounds but I always get confused when I have a strong hand (but not the nuts) and someone comes over the top.

syka16
04-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Call. You're up against a made flush sometimes but if you fold you'll miss out all the times you catch a semibluff + you have outs.

Voltron87
04-08-2005, 01:53 PM
A lot of the time you are up against a K or an ace draw. Don't fold, you will fill up enough to more than make up for the times you are beaten.

tricolore
04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the time you are up against a K or an ace draw. Don't fold, you will fill up enough to more than make up for the times you are beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]