PDA

View Full Version : 6-max pocket pairs

DoomSlice
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
I raise 88 and above regardless of position and often find myself raising with as low as 55 on the button. Should I be limping with more of these?

Ricardido
04-08-2005, 12:54 PM
no, i dont think so.. Make people with Ax pay to see a flop if that is there prefernce- plus you get the advantage of being put on the higher cards by some players- not to mention catching the killer set on the flop 1/8 times and slow playing into a big pot.

It also depends on the situation if youve tagged a certain player to be an uber rock playing his group 1/2 hands and PP only be wary.

xorbie
04-08-2005, 01:05 PM
I think it depends on whether you think people will call or not. 88 UTG is a bad raise in my eyes, but raising any PP on the button can probably work ok. It works if you are charging A5s type hands, but the problem with raising 88 and lower is that the flop almost always comes with two overs, and if they bet into you its almost an auto-fold. OTOH, it does give you more deception on your sets. So no, I don't like it if you're just stealing the blinds, because I think mid/low PP are great for taking huge pots. Stealing is better with KJ, which will usually take a small pot.

Hopefully that makes sense.