PDA

View Full Version : Did i let this one go too cheaply??

Ricardido
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($102.45)
Hero ($261.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
BB calls $0.50, Hero (poster) checks.

Flop: ($2) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($12) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB calls $4.

River: ($20) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2d 2h (flush, seven high).
Hero has 3c 4h (two pair, sixes and fours).
Outcome: BB wins $20. </font>

Villain is Tight/passive but solid. everyone has left table because me and him were running over it. We ended up headsup for a bit and thi hand came up. This hand didnt cost me much but comments appreciated for my actions on turn.
Regards, ric

swolfe
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
why bet so little on the turn?

mason55
04-08-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is Tight/passive but solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means you could have folded him out on the turn if you made a real bet.

tbach24
04-08-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BB has 2d 2h (flush, seven high).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is Tight/passive but solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB calls $3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB calls $4.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a new read.

Ricardido
04-08-2005, 12:45 PM
To be fair he was behind until the river (which i cheaply let him see)- i agree a bigger bet on the turn was the downfall here (about 8$ a better amount?)- i think he might have thought i was stealing considering the texture of the flop. And that i had been stealing pots throughout the last hour or so.

mason55
04-08-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair he was behind until the river (which i cheaply let him see)- i agree a bigger bet on the turn was the downfall here (about 8$ a better amount?)- i think he might have thought i was stealing considering the texture of the flop. And that i had been stealing pots throughout the last hour or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say he was behind until the river that just shows how off your read was. He was calling you down with an underpair. That is not the sign of a tight player.

swolfe
04-08-2005, 12:54 PM
if you think that you are ahead, or that he will lay it down, bet $10 on the turn.

why are you fighting over this crap pot anyway? fold to the flop bet...

edge
04-08-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is not the sign of a tight player.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's heads-up, and he's holding 22 on a 664 board. 22 look pretty good there to me. A tiny raise can mean a lot of things there, many of which don't beat 22. The turn bet is way too small, so 22 may still be good. I don't see why this means he's not a tight player.