PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands I would like some comments on please.

Binbs
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Playing on a 6 max table. Button is very loose aggressive player who will go all in with top pair, decent kicker. Please analyze my play.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($396.34)
SB ($83.4)
Hero ($329.55)
UTG ($58.05)
MP ($197)
CO ($182.44)

Preflop: Hero is BB with As, Kd. SB posts a blind of $1.
3 folds, Button calls $2, SB (poster) completes, Hero raises to $6, Button calls $6, SB calls $6.

Flop: ($24) 2d, Ah, 7d (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $5, Button raises to $30, SB folds, Hero raises to $100, Button calls $70. ( Here I put him on a A with a decent kicker or he would not have called that raise)

Turn: ($224) Ks (2 players)
Hero bets $100, Button calls $100. ( The thought of a flush draw crossed my mind but I disregarded it because he is calling massive bets from me)

River: ($424) Jd (2 players) ( I go all in here even with 3 diamonds on the board, trying to represent a flush, even tho I think I have him beat)
Button calls $121.55.

Final Pot: $545.55

--------------------------------------------------

BB knows that I can make some big bluffs. I just bluffed a pot sized bet to take down a nice pot representing trips.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

BB ($284.47)
UTG ($87.4)
MP ($113.6)
Button ($177.4)
Hero ($439.7

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ah, Ks. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, MP raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero (poster) calls $4, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($20) 7d, As, 9d (4 players)
Hero bets $20, BB raises to $50, UTG folds, MP calls $50, Hero calls $30. ( Im pretty sure that BB has hit something and thinks that im trying to bluff and dont have anything really)

Turn: ($170) 8d (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, MP is all-In $58,6, Hero calls $58.60, BB raises to $117.2, Hero folds. ( I folded here thinking that one of them has to have the flush now)

River: ($345.80) 5c (2 players)

Final Pot: $345.80

xorbie
04-08-2005, 01:15 PM
On your first hand, your thinking is not very good, on almost everything. OK. If you think he has an A crappy kicker, go all in on the turn if he will call. If not, let him bet and go al in. If you think he might have the flush draw, then go all in anyway, because your bet is not "massive." It's half pot, and this guy could easily have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifx/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Also, your river logic is not very good. If you "think you have him beat" why represent a hand even stronger than your own hand? He will fold here if he thinks you have the flush, which is very bad - you want him to call with a lower A or lower two pair.

The only thing he can call with here has you beat, so it's a bad bet (unless he will call with any A). Of course by this point you are both potstuck, so what the hell. The correct play here is to get all the money in on the turn. Also raise more preflop, make it $10 at least.

Also, to your last statement "the button knows I like to bluff because I just took down a pot representing trips." Did you show your hand? If not, he has no idea that you didn't have trips. I don't understanding your reasoning here.

Hand 2: I don't like how you played this one. If you are going to call MP's all in once the flush hits, then fold to the other bet (which I really don't like), then you have to just put him all in on the flop. I'm not sure why you like getting all in once the draw hits, but this is a pretty bad move in general. I would raise the flop to $100 or so if you are going to call the bet once the flush hits anyway, although I think you very clearly have to fold the turn.

By the way, MP probably has AQ/AK and BB probably has a flush.

aexchange
04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
first hand, looks like you got beat by a set. action is consistent with trying to protect a cheap draw. i dont much like the bet on the river, you should be betting for value.

second hand, unless you have a really solid read on the two players, the turn bet/call/action is terrible here. looks like flush over set and your tptk is no good.