PDA

View Full Version : 3 handed, short stack in BB w/ KJ

chopchoi
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
NL SNG. 3 handed, blinds 200/400. I'm in the big blind with the short stack (2600 chips after posting). I have KJ. The button has limped, SB has folded. Push or check?

jcm4ccc
04-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Perfect opportunity for the stop and go. Check preflop. Go all-in on the flop, no matter what hits (even an Ace--in fact, you would love to see an Ace, because it's unlikely that button would limp with an Ace). In that situation, I would expect the limper to fold around 70% of the time (the times the flop doesn't hit him).

syka16
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect opportunity for the stop and go. Check preflop. Go all-in on the flop, no matter what hits (even an Ace--in fact, you would love to see an Ace, because it's unlikely that button would limp with an Ace). In that situation, I would expect the limper to fold around 70% of the time (the times the flop doesn't hit him).

[/ QUOTE ]

for an average of -T80...

squire
04-08-2005, 11:51 AM
push.
3 handed i am loving kj.

kyro
04-08-2005, 12:10 PM
or you could just push PF and take the almost guaranteed 800 chips.

jcm4ccc
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am wrong here. You have plenty of folding equity. No reason to get fancy.

swarm
04-08-2005, 12:29 PM
what is button's stack size here?

I smell trap.... a complete from the SB i'm pushing. Why would Button limp?

Usually I push this, but it would depend on the Villans aggressiveness. If he has continously been aggressive, never limped, then all of the sudden limps from the button i may play this a bit more cautiously

JasonP530
04-08-2005, 12:31 PM
You can push and pick up the 1000 out there almost every time. That will enable you to be more comfortable in attacking and waiting for others to go broke. If the player who limped isnt a calling station and not tricky, I would do that. If not, flop top pair and break him.

chopchoi
04-08-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I smell trap.... a complete from the SB i'm pushing. Why would Button limp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good read. I pushed, Button called w/ QQ. I didn't hit my K.

johnnybeef
04-08-2005, 01:23 PM
im always cautious when there is an out of place limper or min raiser in the hand. i check here hoping to ouplayhim on the flop...postflop play is good.

tricolore
04-08-2005, 01:44 PM
With one limper in a 3 handed game, not sure I like to push KJ --- chances of getting trapped are high. It's also a pretty good hand to see a flop with.

On the other hand, I would like a push or at least big raise if you are button with KJ.

Voltron87
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Pushing is a pretty crap move here, you have too many chips for that. I check here and play postflop. Keep in mind that compared to the average party competition (and many decent winning players) I am a postflop god. If you have 2600, I bet 600 on any flop, fold if reraised all in (unless I have a pair), and then push any turn I am checked to on.