PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Pineapple Hold'Em

ricdaman
04-08-2005, 11:17 AM
The cardroom that I'm playing at now has Crazy Pineapple Hold'Em. I have played Pineapple on sites such as UB before, but never more than microlimits. My cardroom has $2/$2, so I'm more interested in learning how to play the game properly now. Does anyone know of any books that specifically, or partly, discuss this game? I'm winning, but only about 1 BB / 100.

EightStuda
04-10-2005, 06:28 AM
There is one book I've seen with some legit Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple advice; Poker for Dummies by Charles Maloney. The book is poorly written, in fact unintellegable at times, but the author has a wit and charm that'll captivate you whether you learn to play the game or not.

-Dimitri

Luv2DriveTT
04-10-2005, 09:06 AM
If you can play Hold'em, you can play Pineapple. Crazy is a bit different... but its not that far of a streach.

Booklet at the Gambler's General Store that I reccomend (http://www.gamblersgeneralstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GGS&Product_Co de=82080&Category_Code=23E)

The definitive guide to Pineapple. Another booklet that I got, and gave me a leg up on my game (http://www.gamblersgeneralstore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GGS&Product_Co de=60195&Category_Code=23E)

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

popniklas
04-11-2005, 10:38 AM
the 19.95 booklet is for CP hi/lo right? you don't happen to know any resources for straight CP hi?

Luv2DriveTT
04-12-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the 19.95 booklet is for CP hi/lo right? you don't happen to know any resources for straight CP hi?

[/ QUOTE ]

The second link is for straight Pineapple.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

popniklas
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah, but not Crazy, right? I would like some analyses on how you should change your postflop play due to the fact that each other player has three cards that could have hit the flop, advice on situations where it is not obvious which card to discard etc. Sorry I keep nagging about this, but I would really like to get a good book on Crazy Pineapple.

If I buy the CP/8 book, will it teach me anything for CP hi except what I could get from hold'em books and obvious things such as flushes, straights and boats being more common?

I might buy the book either way, though, it could be fun to try out CP/8.

popniklas
04-24-2005, 07:09 PM
I'll bump this thread as a last cry for Crazy Pineapple Hi books. Perhaps no such books have been printed. Alas. It is an incredibly fun game.

By the way, how is the CP games at Ultimate Bet, anyone? Hi, Hi/Lo or both? Soft competition or not?

On Paradise the Hi games are soft but the Hi/Lo games rarely has any players.

Trainwreck
04-30-2005, 04:55 PM
I played this ONLINE, and quickly figured out this, which made me a winning player right away:

The average winning hand will be a step above a typical Hold'em game.

So TPTK is out the window! Those that expect it to hold up are the fish...

And yes I have broken up Aces on more than one occasion for the nut flush draw.
(ESP told me that you have a question on that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

>TW<