PDA

View Full Version : Q4s 3-handed

kyro
04-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Party $200NL. Just sat down. Only read on villain is he likes to minbet his decent hands.

I make it $6 on the button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Both blinds call.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets $5. BB folds. I call.

Turn (Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets $25. Anyone fold here?

xorbie
04-08-2005, 10:31 AM
Raise the flop to find out where you are at and avoid this situation. If he has a Q, you lose, otherwise you win. Either just call down if you think he is capable of making this move without a Q 50% of the time, or just raise the flop.

ghostface
04-08-2005, 10:35 AM
So we make it 15 to go and he smooth calls. What now?

aexchange
04-08-2005, 10:43 AM
what are the stack sizes? raise the flop.

kyro
04-08-2005, 10:56 AM
i've got around $175. He's got me covered.

aexchange
04-08-2005, 11:09 AM
i'd raise it to $75 here on the turn, fold to any kind of aggression.

on the flop, he's betting less than 1/3 of the pot into a 2 heart board. seems like he's on a draw. at this level, by being a little more aggressive on a paired board, even with nothing i can usually get people to fold.

if he smooth calls the turn, and a heart comes on the board, i'd check it through if he checks, and fold to any significant bet. warning bells should be going off in his head on your turn raise, and unless he's got a pretty significant hand, most people won't fire a third round on the river.

kyro
04-08-2005, 11:19 AM
good call. i don't play 3-handed very much and i kinda froze when i hit trips crappy kicker and he bet right into me. I ended up just calling his turn bet and we checked the river. he had a heart draw. i play bad.

zaxx19
04-08-2005, 11:20 AM
I dont think thats necessarily a bad way to play it.

He might have fired a medium sized shell on the river as bluff you could have snapped off.