PDA

View Full Version : Need help with some hands

Rick Diesel
04-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Hand #1:

Stars $109 last night. 260 runners, 27 places pay. As always, real cash in top 5 spots. 47 players left, average stack is 8,300. Blinds are 200/400 w/25 ante.

I have about 7,800 in MP. I get A /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I have not stolen the blinds in a while, so this feels like the right time. I make it 1,200 to go. It is folded to the SB who calls. The SB has me covered with about 11,000. The BB folds.

The flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

The SB min bets 400. I raise it to 2,400. The SB makes it 4,000 more. I now have 4,200 chips left. What is my play here?

Hand #2

Stars $11 rebuy last night. I have built a huge stack of about 60,000. Average is 24,000. Blinds are at 300/600 w/50 ante. Started with 920 players, down to 145, pays 81 spots but I am eyeing the top 5.

MP with about 18,000 limps in. Folds to SB who calls. I am in the BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and check.

The flop comes A /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

SB checks, I check, MP bets out 1,200. SB calls. I raise it 3,600 more. MP min-raises 3,600 on top of that. SB folds.

I now have about 55,000 left and MP has about 10,000 left. What's my play?

Hand #3

Stars $11 rebuy Tuesday night. Pays 81 spots, with 115 players left. Average is 30,000 and I have 8,200 after a terrible beat. Blinds are 1,000/2,000 w/100 ante.

MP with big stack makes it 12,000 to go. Folded to me on the button with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB and BB are both SUPER tight, and they will fold any hands that are not AA or KK. Do I call all-in or fold and look for a spot to get the money in first?

Thanks in advance for any analysis.

Potowame
04-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Hand #1

I dont mind the steal from that position on the hand, preflop everthing looked pretty standard.

Flop: I hate the weak lead from the small blind , have you seen him do this before? This as you know means two things 1. I have a monster and want you to raise 2. I have a draw and want to confuse you too fold or call. This is where a read on betting patterns is key, and you should trust in that that read.

You have to think that the SB would bet this flop alot to get a fold because it obviuosly missed you if you where unpaired. the Question is would he make this play with 55-77 here or Kx /images/graemlins/club.gif(or any hand that you beat). I would suspect after the repop your against a set or flush draw. I really dont like a fold or a push or a call here.

Overall its a tough spot to be in, Does anyone just smooth call (400) here to reevaluate on the turn? I have smoothed called in these situations before, (the blinds bet was about half pot) and got a cheap river with a winning hand.

hand #2

hand two , hum I cant get away from this hand. I dont want MP to either I would try to get in the mini-raise battle with him here to PC him raise it another 5000. he will have to push his AK-A10 if he has A8 or 88, that sux.

Hand #3

well looks like big stack just wants the blinds and may, think the same thing about the SB & BB as you. If he has been picking on these two players alot, becauses they are playing to tight, he could have alot of hands you beat. If not he has 66-jj or AK possible AQ. With the possiblity that he is just picking on the tight blinds and only two players left to act, I can find a call here. but, I usually fold here and find a spot to open push.

schwza
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
hand 1: there's 3k in the pot pre-flop. if you call the push, it'll be a 16.2k pot, and you have to call 4.2k. so you should call if you're a little over 1/4 to win. even if he has an overpair (not AA), you have 5 outs and are about 20% to win. there's a reasonable chance you're ahead - i think you've got to call.

hand 2: the pot's about 20k and villain has 10k left. you're definitely happy to go to the felt, so the only question is how to get there. i think i would call and check. on the off chance that villain does not have an A, this gives him one more chance to make a very ill-advised play at the pot. if he does have an A, he'll either bet the turn or call a 1/2 pot push on the river. i call.

hand 3: i'd lean towards calling. obviously it would help to know something about MP, but if he's a big stack he should be opening kinda light. he'll almost certainly raise AT and probably a9, so that should balance out AK and AQ, and he'll probably also be raising some Kx hands as well, and maybe garbage hands like 68o sometimes too (especially with tight blinds).

Rick Diesel
04-08-2005, 01:43 PM
1 - I go all-in, opponent calls with 88 for the set. A club on the turn brings brief hope, but the river is a brick.

2 - I push, opponent calls with A8o. [censored] happens. I think that I made the right play here and just happened to be unlucky. I think more often than not the opponent has a big ace here.

3 - I decide to call because I know that the blinds will fold and the raiser has a big stack and has been raising many pots. Turns out this time he actually had a hand, with KK.

Potowame
04-08-2005, 03:44 PM
I thought about hand #1 all day..

I think I may just call the 400 flop bet, Raising only gets a worse hand to fold and a better hand to PC you with a RR.

On the turn I would push with any A, 8 or /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Fold to a good size bet If my hand does not improve.

I think you played 2 and 3 the well. 1 was a very hard hand to play and not lose alot of chips, unless you just fold to the 400 flop bet.