PDA

View Full Version : TP turned 2 pair on flush flop

thesharpie
04-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero ???

What do you think of the play on all streets?

toss
04-08-2005, 05:19 AM
I like the flop check/call. Turn is real interesting. You can either attempt a check/raise and risk having it checked through or bet out and disallow the free card. River is difficult. Button raises outta nowhere and UTG may 3-bet if you call.

adsman
04-08-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop check/call. Turn is real interesting. You can either attempt a check/raise and risk having it checked through or bet out and disallow the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

All a check-raise is going to do is to trap them for an extra bet. You want to knock people out here, but no-one ever folds a flush draw at these limits. I check call the turn here and see what the river brings. With that river, I bet out.

toss
04-08-2005, 05:25 AM
You can bet the turn for value you know.

bigalt
04-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I think the button has a small made flush or possibly AsT, and would fold to the two bets back to you. He called two bets on the turn which says to me he's strong and doesn't want to knock you out yet, or he's got a good enough draw to call them.

I like the turn bet, it stops the A/K spades from getting the free draw. After the UTG raise on the turn, though, I'm thinking he's got one of those two spades and a jack, or else two pair on the flop.

adsman
04-08-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can bet the turn for value you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it still a bet for value if there is a good chance that it will get raised?

Shillx
04-08-2005, 05:31 AM
I don't see how you can call this. Not only does the button have you beat here, but UTG can still reraise behind you should he have a flush. You are really just throwing money away by coldcalling here.

Rest of the hand looks good though. 3-betting the turn is an option but just calling the turn raise seems fine w/o a read.

Brad

Piiop
04-08-2005, 05:33 AM
Fold River. Everything else is good.