PDA

View Full Version : TripleH, two firsts in one night.

TripleH68
04-08-2005, 04:27 AM
This may technically be in the wrong forum, but many of you are my mentors...peer is too strong a word at this time.

I have been playing online for just over a year as a marginally winning player. All of it at PS w/o PT. That has now changed. Tonight I played at Party with my freshly downloaded PT. Some thoughts...

-I two tabled 1/2 for 500 hands. Halfway to bonus.
-VP$IP at the tables were 25% and 26% and they seemed loose to me! /images/graemlins/wink.gif
-My play seemed typical for me. I was 18% VP$IP, 10% pfr and made around 4bb/100.

-I like PS letting you have your own image along with screenname.
-Party screennames are more creative.
-Played with my first true maniac. 95% VPIP for 60 hands, then ditched. He won close to 40bb.
-GameTime is something else. Totally awesome. Only trouble I had was in keeping up with rapid turnover at the tables. Any suggestions or is that just part of the deal?
-I am buying a new(larger) monitor this weekend.
-This time anyway much less chat on Party compared to PS.

I put off getting PT on purpose. I may have developed some bad habits that PT will now help me correct, but I also feel I have enough experience to really understand what I will be seeing in the stats. (Of course I know this will take many thousands of hands.)

If getting PT had any influence on my game tonight, it made me more aggressive and less results oriented. Right now I care more about what stats PT will show me than the bottom line...and I have a strong feeling this will help my bottom line. Seems funny, but it makes sense to me. I am more interested in what my aggression factors will look like than my account balance. Go figure.

Thanks all. 2+2 is d best, TripleH.

Shillx
04-08-2005, 04:39 AM
I put off getting PT on purpose. I may have developed some bad habits that PT will now help me correct, but I also feel I have enough experience to really understand what I will be seeing in the stats.

I kinda agree with this as I played about 200k hands without PT and it helps with reading people as you actually have to pay attention to detail (instead of looking at a /images/graemlins/smile.gif or /images/graemlins/frown.gif or fish sign). What I would have done if I were you (or me back in the day) was to buy PT and autoload all my hands w/o looking at the results for X number of hands. After that I would look at them in detail and figure out what I need to work on. That way I can watch the table and make reads on my own while compling PT data for me to look at and use in the future (after I play 30k hands or whatever). It also helps from a record keeping standpoint if you play lots of different levels and games so you can see exactly how you are doing at 2/4 HE and 1/2 Stud and $10+1 SNGs and so on.

Brad

TripleH68
04-08-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What I would have done if I were you (or me back in the day) was to buy PT and autoload all my hands w/o looking at the results for X number of hands. After that I would look at them in detail and figure out what I need to work on. That way I can watch the table and make reads on my own while compling PT data for me to look at and use in the future (after I play 30k hands or whatever).

[/ QUOTE ]

In personality testing my lowest score is in discipline. Highest score is in desire. Tough combination. /images/graemlins/grin.gif