PDA

View Full Version : Improvements to this Forum

10-26-2002, 04:24 PM
The new software is a step in the right direction, but it is lacking in some areas. The following are suggested improvements I would like to see.

1. The ability to click on the last post in a thread, or to click on the last post you have read in that thread.

2. More threads per page.

3. The ability to "bump" a thread to the top of the page when it receives a new reply, thereby keeping more active threads alive. (If it gets out of hand the moderator can simply "lock" the thread declaring it dead.)

4. The ability to remember your preferences. I always use collapse, but I always have to click on collapse whenever I revisit or switch to a different forum.

5. I have more suggestions, which I'll save for later.

Thanks

Ed Miller
10-26-2002, 05:02 PM
Many of these features are already in the software. You should register a name. Then, once registered, you should go to "My Home" up above and then select "Display Preferences" at the bottom of the screen. Many of the things you asked for are addressed right there.

Mason Malmuth
10-26-2002, 07:57 PM
If you register, there are many features that you can take advantage of, including the ability to customize your page which will allow you to do some of the things that you suggest above.

Try it, you'll like it.

MM

Billy LTL
10-27-2002, 12:53 AM
I'd like to suggest again you put spade, club, hearts and diamond icons in place so we can avoid having to write out the hands AsKc10c.

On long posts I find I frequently have to scroll back up to find the preflop, flop and turn cards. Little heart and spade icons would be easier to deal with. Plus they would look very cool and professional as well.

Plus my eysight is not as good as it used to be.

Best of luck. Billy