PDA

View Full Version : Is this anyway to treat a Poker Player!

Vince Lepore
04-08-2005, 02:02 AM
The Movie: Tombstone

The Scene: Town Saloon: Doc Holiday, Wyatt Earp, Ike Clanton, and a few other men, sitting around a Poker Table. Doc has just made a bet into the pot. Ike looks at him and says "you've been called Pretty Man" and tosses his money into the pot. Doc, drunk as a skunk, holding a drink in his left hand, fumbles a bit with his right hand and turns his cards over one at a time, all the while there's one of those knowingly little [censored] eating grins on his face..Then he looks up at Ike and says "oops... " the camera shifts to Ike. Ike with a dumb founded look on his face realizes he has lost. In shock he is unable to say or do anything... Doc begins to laugh and says to Ike: "Maybe poker isn't your game...perhaps we should have a ...spelling contest". Ike fumes for a moment and gets irate. He's about to attack Doc and has to be restrained by Wyatt. Doc just continues to laugh and Ike wanders off....

Now, is that anyway to treat an opponent? Of course, I must admit that I did love the "oops.." comment.

Vince

beernutz
04-08-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Movie: Tombstone

The Scene: Town Saloon: Doc Holiday, Wyatt Earp, Ike Clanton, and a few other men, sitting around a Poker Table. Doc has just made a bet into the pot. Ike looks at him and says "you've been called Pretty Man" and tosses his money into the pot. Doc, drunk as a skunk, holding a drink in his left hand, fumbles a bit with his right hand and turns his cards over one at a time, all the while there's one of those knowingly little [censored] eating grins on his face..Then he looks up at Ike and says "oops... " the camera shifts to Ike. Ike with a dumb founded look on his face realizes he has lost. In shock he is unable to say or do anything... Doc begins to laugh and says to Ike: "Maybe poker isn't your game...perhaps we should have a ...spelling contest". Ike fumes for a moment and gets irate. He's about to attack Doc and has to be restrained by Wyatt. Doc just continues to laugh and Ike wanders off....

Now, is that anyway to treat an opponent? Of course, I must admit that I did love the "oops.." comment.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Val Kilmer's best role EVA, IMO. From IMDB the lines go like this:

Ike Clanton: What is that Holiday? Twelve hands in a row? Ain't nobody that lucky.
Doc Holliday: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Stew
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
At least you posted in the right forum this time, good job!

Travis
04-09-2005, 12:59 AM
Probably Val's best role.