PDA

View Full Version : AKo I think I went wrong...help

jzpiano14
04-08-2005, 01:27 AM
No reads on opp just sat down at the table

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

So i know I played this pretty badly, any advice.

Surfbullet
04-08-2005, 01:56 AM
PF is fine obviously..

I don't like the flop 3-bet... your overcard outs are tainted, but if you had position I would like it because you could take a free card on the turn if you didn't improve.

Calling the flop raise and c/c the turn would be my line, and given the paired board and blank-ish river card I'd likely c/c the river too.

Surf

Chobohoya
04-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Without a read on villain I have to call this a tilty flop 3bet. You're out of position, all you can hope for is a fold on the turn when you fire again. If you are going to make this move, at least call the river.

jzpiano14
04-08-2005, 02:38 AM
i wasn't sure, and I think i've been overplayin my AK as of late. I'm in the red for AK and I always seem to get it out of position so I think I need to learn how to play it better, so you would just call the flop, c/c the turn, and even c/c the river in this case?

Surfbullet
04-08-2005, 02:52 AM
That's the plan - AK unimproved is a decent showdown hand in a blind war... Get there if you can - you've got outs so a semibluff isn't bad, but i'd rather save it for when I'm in position and can take a free card, and attempt to snap off a bluff on the river when I miss..

AK is a strong hand. VERY strong. If you are in the red it's just variance - folding HU pots on the river for 1 bet like this wont help, but it wont make you a loser with AK. Tighten up with it a bit when you miss in multiway pots that aren't that large, and take it to showdown HU a bit more.

Gl.

Surf

Chobohoya
04-08-2005, 02:52 AM
I'm gonna go ahead an give the caveat that I'm wasted, but it seems to me that he has something on the flop. If you call his flop raise you're getting 5-1 on his bet on the turn, I would probably say "F it," and c-c the turn and river. then be pissed at myself when he showed a T. Maybe stop and go the turn?

Victor
04-08-2005, 04:57 AM
i would call his flop raise and then checkcall all the way down unless i improved.

out of position with the nut nopair thats my line but im not always right.

wuarhg
04-08-2005, 05:11 AM
You almost have to expect that he's going to raise this flop, atleast at 10/20 they pull off some whacky stuff. After he raises I call down.