PDA

View Full Version : Weak river fold?

ISF
04-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Villan is a tight aggro regular. Maybe a little weak tight. When he raised the flop I figured some random pair, or ace high as I didnt think he would raise trips on the flop. By the river it really felt like a slow played trips or a set. Do I need to call this. Thought I defined my hand pretty well, and I havent seen villan make a move before on me over like 1k hands.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

zokbarjazz
04-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Ac8c, 8c7c.
Those are 2 very plausible hands that come to mind right away.
Pretty big pot, you have an overpair.
Call the river.

captZEEbo1
04-08-2005, 01:58 AM
this is a blind war, you absolutely MUST call. I pretty much decide I see river with an Ace in a blind war, let alone QQ.

Surfbullet
04-08-2005, 01:58 AM
85, and JJ/TT etc are not out of the question either, in addition to a busted flush draw pulling a bluff raise - this is rare but it does happen.

Consequently, I'd call this river raise.

Surf

captZEEbo1
04-08-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
85, and JJ/TT etc are not out of the question either, in addition to a busted flush draw pulling a bluff raise - this is rare but it does happen.

Consequently, I'd call this river raise.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

are you out of your mind? JJ/TT? wtf are they not 3-betting pf?

Surfbullet
04-08-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is a blind war, you absolutely MUST call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really important... heads-up blind battles are a whole different animal from multiway play...there's lots more bluffing and weird stuff, you have to make it to the river with a hand that has as much showdown value as QQ here.

Surf

Surfbullet
04-08-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe a little weak tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I took this description too far, but I've seen weak-tight players fail to 3bet hands as big as JJ heads up...

Just because he is tight doesn't mean he is competent...I included it because they are within the realm of possibility given the description of the player and we should be considering all possibilities.

Surf