PDA

View Full Version : Ditch it for PT?

Robnaldo
04-07-2005, 11:17 PM
Alright I'm currently playing 0.5/1.0 at Pacific Poker.

I'm really considering cashing out and moving to a site that supports Poker Tracker so I can better follow and improve my game.

I've been playing .5/1.0 since December 04 and all I know stats wise is 2bb/hour over 203 hours.

Should I switch?

NAU_Player
04-07-2005, 11:19 PM
If for no other reason than Pacific sucks, I say yes

jaxUp
04-07-2005, 11:20 PM
switch, multitable, and watch your game improve and your BR grow.

Stuey
04-07-2005, 11:24 PM
I say switch. You are winning 2bb/100 because you know how to play. Not because of which site you are on. You won't win more by switching. I don't think PT will increase your winrate much if at all. And you won't lose because you switch. Switch for the bonus whoring alone. Then if you start to run bad you won't suffer as much as if you had stayed.

Robnaldo
04-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Hmmpt...I should at least try it!
And I've come up with the obvious idea of playing @ pacific and another place at the same time. =/

I've used the Pokertracker demo with Pokerroom.com before and I understand all the basics for it,

But is there anything else I should know about it?

I also heard about something called "GameTime+" for PT that allows you to see certain statistics above a persons name.

Could anyone inform me further?

Thanks in advance.

tmoore44
04-08-2005, 01:13 AM
The latest version of pokertracker supports pacific now. I've never played there so you'll have to check out the PT site for details.

DeadManJay
04-08-2005, 01:20 AM
I'll say switch to party for the obvious...
BONUSWHORING

numeri
04-08-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also heard about something called "GameTime+" for PT that allows you to see certain statistics above a persons name.

[/ QUOTE ]
This software is brilliant. I used to play two tables at a time, with windows from PT open that show the stats for each player. Now I play 4 tables and use GameTime+ to show the stats right on the poker table. (I play at Poker Stars.) It's brilliant.

I'm not sure, but I think you can get GT+ here (http://www.pokerdominion.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=33aae9cf579ef13f124229f81a66 7d79) at the GameTime+ forums.

benkath1
04-08-2005, 01:30 AM
UH, yes!! You aren't tired of getting disconnected every other hand yet?

Go to Paradise and use the GRANNY code. It's like 200 free bucks.

For a break even player, PT pays for itself.

Ben

bottomset
04-08-2005, 02:41 AM
i think the biggest EV tool out there are these forums, I laugh at a lot of my old posts from Dec i lurked the first month or so

but reading and responding does really help a lot .. see Grunch's microchallenge and take part

Kumubou
04-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Why not do both? The majority of posters are right: Pacific's software eats ass, and moving to another site will give you many benefits, such as speed, multitabling, bonus whoring, etc..

However, I still play at Pacific -- it is just not the only site I use; I also play at Paradise right now. Most people do not understand just how soft Pacific is. You ever wanted to see low-limit B&M type play (with 70%+ people seeing the flop) online? There it is.

Hell, with the new version of PT Pacific's HH support is better than Paradise's! >_<

-K