PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tabling MTT's

unglee
04-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Just curious about what most of the 2+2ers do as far as multi-tabling tournaments. I usually like to stick to one, but I have tried to play a couple at once without much success.

Do most of you multi-table? If so, how does that affect your strategy, if at all.

yoadrians
04-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I have no problem multi-tabling MTTs early on. The problem for me, however, comes if and when I get deep into one (past the second break, for example). At that point, I will hold off starting another one and concentrate all my energy on this one. Trying to learn more about the players who are at my table, making good decisions based on reads vs. just playing my cards, etc. And that's tougher to do when you're doing it in two spots at once, IMHO.

unglee
04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Totally agree with you. That's exactly my problem, when I get into the later stages.

schwza
04-08-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem multi-tabling MTTs early on. The problem for me, however, comes if and when I get deep into one (past the second break, for example). At that point, I will hold off starting another one and concentrate all my energy on this one. Trying to learn more about the players who are at my table, making good decisions based on reads vs. just playing my cards, etc. And that's tougher to do when you're doing it in two spots at once, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i also will avoid starting another one if i'm getting deep in the first, but sometimes i start two at basically the same time (e.g., 18:45 50+5 and 19:00 100+9 on party). i'm sure it hurts my reads a little in both, but it's pretty fun when you get deep in both.

codewarrior
04-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I will regulary play 2 MTT + a SnG. The multis start at least 1/2 to one hour apart, and I make sure I'm 15 minutes into the SnG before the 1st multi kicks off. Thus far, it has worked well.

fnord_too
04-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Personally, I have played up to 4 at once. I think 2 is the max I can play and maintain my A game at both. 3 is doable if they have staggered starts for me.

I still think I can play 4 small buy in tournies at once with positive expectation, since play is so bad in them, but I am not sure that maximizes my expectation. (That is, I think it would probably be more profitable to play two or three than all four, even for tournies with $10-20 buy ins.)

Oh, and take my word on this, HU tournies require a lot more attention /images/graemlins/smile.gif