PDA

View Full Version : $11 level 2 hand.

Freudian
04-07-2005, 10:50 PM
CO is a very loose player. (sees half flop, raises 25%)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t800)
Hero (t2340)
BB (t985)
UTG (t555)
UTG+1 (t305)
MP1 (t265)
MP2 (t825)
CO (t1925)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t60, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t45, BB calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30.

Flop: (t300) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t800</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> <font color="red">Hero ?</font>

kyro
04-07-2005, 10:57 PM
pushes?

Unparagoned
04-07-2005, 11:01 PM
I think I would re-raise preflop. I also don't bet quite as much as you did on the flop, more like 200, though that detail probably isn't particularly important. I am pushing after he raises me. He's probably on the flush draw or a weaker ace. I haven't checked it out on pokerstove, but I'm guessing you are getting all kinds of wonderful odds to win this hand. It is, of course, possible that we're looking at a set or two pair, but I think I'll take my chances, particularly if he is as loose as you say, sounds just like the kind of guy to play any two sooted or a weak A and if he did hit his kicker, you are not completely lost. I think it's an easy, easy call (EDIT: push) as long as we don't start seeing monsters under the bed.

kyro
04-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't like raising PF. Here's why.

AK is a strong hand, so you WANT to raise it. But it's not a made hand that you need to protect. Most of the time, you need to improve. I'd rather not toss in a large portion of my stack hoping to "hit." If I miss the flop, how do I know it didn't hit the other guy. I'm almost obligated to bet the flop, which may just be pissing chips away to the other guy if he caught any piece of it. Just call the raise (like OP did) and play the flop from there.

Freudian
04-07-2005, 11:08 PM
My thinking here was that the pot would be pretty big anyway and my hand would be well disguised if an A or a K hit, allowing me to take a lot of chips from someone with a weaker kicker.

The most interesting thing to this hand is of course that we both are by far the biggest stacks at this stage. I would be in a great shape if we both go all in and I win, I would be in a good shape if I fold and I would be shortstacked if we go all in and lose. I don't know how much that should influence my decision here.

Bill Poker
04-07-2005, 11:13 PM
call me weak-tight, I fold here. I will still have ~2000 chips left. would push if i only have ~800 chips.

[ QUOTE ]
My thinking here was that the pot would be pretty big anyway and my hand would be well disguised if an A or a K hit, allowing me to take a lot of chips from someone with a weaker kicker.

The most interesting thing to this hand is of course that we both are by far the biggest stacks at this stage. I would be in a great shape if we both go all in and I win, I would be in a good shape if I fold and I would be shortstacked if we go all in and lose. I don't know how much that should influence my decision here.

[/ QUOTE ]