PDA

View Full Version : KK bad foldy?

Downrock
04-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (8.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

No reads on this table as I had just recently sat down. I'm pretty sure i'm beat when the ace flops and we see a raise, should i go into calldown mode here.. or is it safe to say the pots not big enough to even bother. Thanks guys.

jaxUp
04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
good foldy.

Downrock
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good foldy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on

Rev. Good Will
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
although you might have been kicking yourself seeing that river, you made the right move.

TheDudeChad
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Edit: read the flop line wrong. I'd fold this turn too.

atnels
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Don't post the river, since it shouldn't make a difference in what you do on the turn.

Others may disagree, but I'd call down. I guess I have just seen too many times when players realize the A might be a scare card for your preflop raise and get cute on the flop when bets are "cheap."

atnels
04-07-2005, 09:33 PM
It's not two to you. Hero bets, then it gets raised and is one back to him.

jaxUp
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
no way you're good here like 17% of the time.

atnels
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
So then why even see the turn? If you think SB has an A when he raises you, then dump it right there since you don't have the odds to draw at that point, either.

Downrock
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I should have.. an error in play. I got carried away.

atnels
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm just not sure that it was yet. I could be wrong (and I like to hear those that really feel this is an easy lay down) because like I said in my post, could SB just be trying for a "reverse" free card play on the flush draw? I mean, I've seen WAY dumber things than that at micro....

jaxUp
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So then why even see the turn? If you think SB has an A when he raises you, then dump it right there since you don't have the odds to draw at that point, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

With about 3-3.5 outs, he's not far off getting 12:1 on the second call. With implied odds he can easily call this IMO.

bozlax
04-07-2005, 09:44 PM
I probably call this down but that's just because I tend to pitch a tent over broadway pocket pairs and can't get rid of 'em (yeah, it's a leak, I'm in therapy, we're talking about you). I've also seen a lot of players at these tables getting cute when an ace falls on the flop and they think it's cheap...if you'd 3-bet him on the flop he might've tucked tail and run.

I think the "right" play here is to fold to the flop C/R, if you have any respect for SB at all.

atnels
04-07-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm just glad I'm not the only one....

Yako
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
`grunching`
I think you should be the one raising the flop, and if the sb raises you and the flop bettor folds, I think you have to call and bet into him on the turn, incase he was building a pot for his flush draw. But the way you played it, I think you have to call the raise and bet the turn into the sb. If you get raised on the turn, I think it's safe to dump your hand.

EDIT: Ah, grunching sure has made me realize how weak my postflop play is... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

macdaddy991
04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
`grunching`

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to sound like a noob, but could someone define grunching?

...perhaps this is for the beginner forum /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Scratch
04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
This is pretty read-dependent. Ideally, you'd like to know what SB check-raises with on the flop. He could be your typical micro-limit LAG donk, I don't know. But barring any reads on these two, and given that the pot size is not super large, I fold the turn here as well. If it were heads-up, I'd go into call down mode. Interesting to see them both check the river. I'm guessing SB had an Ace/weak kicker.

Yako
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
lol, it's like a 2 day old term. It means posting comments about a hand without looking at the previous comments. Good for noobs like me to be able to clearly think about what we do and then noticing that we're really horrible players after all.