PDA

View Full Version : making twoplustwo inaccessible?

gamblore99
04-07-2005, 08:53 PM
I have exams these next few weeks. I also have no self control and a habit of procrastinating. Twoplustwo is one of my favourite ways to waste time. Is there anyway I can make this website inaccessible from my computer, or so that acessing it is a lengthy process?

istewart
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Get yourself banned.

tworooks
04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
well easy answer would be to unplug the internet. but i will provide a useful answer also. if u have XP(dont know if its different for other operating systems, but it will be similar) go to the control panel, click internet options, click on the security tab(just to the right of general), click on the Restriced Sites icon, click on the Sites... button, and then add twoplustwo to the restricted sites list.

housenuts
you still come to the site to read when you're banned. it does cut your time probably in half, but that's still alot of time.

razor
[ QUOTE ]
I have exams these next few weeks. I also have no self control and a habit of procrastinating. Twoplustwo is one of my favourite ways to waste time. Is there anyway I can make this website inaccessible from my computer, or so that acessing it is a lengthy process?

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno... but if you could, you'd probably find something else to waste time on. At least, that's been my experience...

housenuts
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
i would say masturbation is directly proportional to the amount of studying one needs to do.

jason_t
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/jason_t712/office20space.jpg

mason55
04-07-2005, 09:00 PM
yeah i'm worried about getting fired for reading 2+2 all day at work. but then my boss tells me that i'm doing a great job, so i'm not too worried. i do wish i could have myself banned while i'm at work or something. the first few weeks i had this job i refused to allow myself to go to 2+2 and i got a lot more done. now i have like 300 posts in the past few days

Freakin
04-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Add a line to your HOSTS file that redirects forumserver.twoplustwo.com to 127.0.0.1

Freakin

mason55
04-07-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add a line to your HOSTS file that redirects forumserver.twoplustwo.com to 127.0.0.1

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that. Pretty easy to unban yourself though.

gamblore99
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well easy answer would be to unplug the internet. but i will provide a useful answer also. if u have XP(dont know if its different for other operating systems, but it will be similar) go to the control panel, click internet options, click on the security tab(just to the right of general), click on the Restriced Sites icon, click on the Sites... button, and then add twoplustwo to the restricted sites list.

[/ QUOTE ]

this looks promising. If it works, then see you in may. have a nice month everybody

daryn
04-07-2005, 10:13 PM
i don't understand. the point is to do something you can't undo. i mean, you could just close out the browser window right? oh, but then if you wanted to you could open it up again and go to 2+2. but even if you chnage some advanced setting or something, if you wanted you could still go back and unchange it. this makes no sense.

GuyOnTilt
04-07-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also pretty easy to grow up and show some self-control.

GoT

mason55
04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think that, wouldn't you

thatpfunk
04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't had to write any essays dealing with gender-roles in 17th centruy british literature recently, have you?

Bukem_
04-07-2005, 10:35 PM
You can get software similar to what parents use to control access for their kids. Have a friend block out 2+2 and agree not to unblock it until you have free time again.

bisonbison
04-07-2005, 10:37 PM
You haven't had to write any essays dealing with gender-roles in 17th centruy british literature recently, have you?

Make sure to title an essay "I'll Ben Your Johnson!"

razor
04-08-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were only that simple...

nothumb
04-08-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's about Hamlet, I've got one somewhere that should be good for at least a C.

NT

NLSoldier
04-08-2005, 05:14 AM
LMFAO, I was just talking about this same idea with justin a tonight. We were considering changing eachothers passwords or something.

NLSoldier
04-08-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would say masturbation is directly proportional to the amount of studying one needs to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say the same.

thatpfunk
04-08-2005, 05:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

If it's about Hamlet, I've got one somewhere that should be good for at least a C.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a nerd english major I trust this is a joke, a very funny one at that.

stigmata
04-08-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[Geek mode]

If your using UNIX you could change the HOSTS file, and then get someone you trust to change the root password for you, and hold onto it until exams are over. There must be a way of doing something similar in windows...

DougOzzzz
04-08-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'm worried about getting fired for reading 2+2 all day at work. but then my boss tells me that i'm doing a great job, so i'm not too worried. i do wish i could have myself banned while i'm at work or something. the first few weeks i had this job i refused to allow myself to go to 2+2 and i got a lot more done. now i have like 300 posts in the past few days

[/ QUOTE ]

I started getting "This website has been blocked" etc. messages while trying to go to 2+2 at work around a month ago. They stopped last weekend, then started up again. It's annoying. But I probably "work" 20% more when it's blocked.