PDA

View Full Version : PokerProphecy's new marketing tactic!

dtbog
04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
So I'm playing a SnG on Party today...

[ QUOTE ]

Stats234: Is the Player to your Left a Fish? Find out at www.pokerprophecy.com (http://www.pokerprophecy.com), Complete Win/Loss Records of all Party Poker Players!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they don't have an affiliate program, I can only assume that this comes directly from management himself? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-dB

Lefthander
04-07-2005, 07:48 PM
This isn't new. It's been going on since just a little after Poker Prophecy hit the scene. It's one of the reasons I don't feel good about having given them money.

LaggyLou
04-07-2005, 09:11 PM
When I see that I usually just ask the guy on my left if he is a fish.

Maulik
04-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Tilt2U: damn Maul..u have a 40.81% winning
Tilt2U: 50% on $20 tables
MAUL9594: no kidding?
Tilt2U: dang
Tilt2U: yup
Tilt2U: i went to that site and check it up
MAUL9594: which site?
Tilt2U: u're a damn pro
Tilt2U: pokerprophecy.com

Apathy
04-07-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice people giving your raises more respect after that? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

raptor517
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
people follow me around because of pokerprophecy. godamn headhunters.. holla

Maulik
04-07-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice people giving your raises more respect after that? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was really nice, I had many semi-bluffs workout. I ended up placing 1st in this tournament and my hero who figured out I'm doing well placed 2nd.

riseabove
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
there is no such thing as a pro in $20 tables... you have a decent win rate tho... mines better tho.

Newt_Buggs
06-02-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure why this thread got revived
[ QUOTE ]
there is no such thing as a pro in $20 tables... you have a decent win rate tho... mines better tho.

[/ QUOTE ]
don't mean to flame (nm, I do) but this is stupid on so many levels

Phill S
06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Since someone else revived the dead thread - dude, respect.

Phill

dfscott
06-02-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everyone knows the the money you win at the 20s is worth much less than the money you win at the 100s (which is where the official cut-off for pro-dom starts).

kyro
06-02-2005, 05:30 PM
do us a favor and stop posting. thanks.

Phill S
06-02-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everyone knows the the money you win at the 20s is worth much less than the money you win at the 100s (which is where the official cut-off for pro-dom starts).

[/ QUOTE ]

So Stupidsucker misses the 'official cut-off for pro-dom'?

Maybe investing in him isnt such a good idea if he misses the cut off.

(i am of course being a dick, no need to respond here)

Phill

New York Jet
06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree! In fact, I do not believe there are any professional poker players, period. I was at the Taco Bell the other day, and who do you think took my order...none other than Phil Hellmuth. He was very good. He was able to look in to my soul and proclaimed that I wanted two Baja Chalupas and an iced tea without me saying a word.

Vee Quiva
06-02-2005, 08:09 PM
To get back on topic. I saw this when I played the other night. I emailed info@partypoker.com. They looked up the screen name Cupofyogurt from the hand history I sent them. PP then sent them a warning and will be watching their chat from now on.

I suggest anyone else who sees this to report it. Chat will not be much fun if we have to deal with spam.

pergesu
06-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Dude they have like a million screen names that they spam from. Reporting them to Party isn't gonna do anything. Notice that nothing's changed now?

Just turn chat off.

Blarg
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all money was worth the same. Except for, like, Canadian money.

Blarg
06-02-2005, 10:14 PM
It couldn't hurt to report the names. Party seeing a lot of complaints might get them to take more or harsher action than if the spamming is just ignored.

Nottom
06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It couldn't hurt to report the names. Party seeing a lot of complaints might get them to take more or harsher action than if the spamming is just ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

What they should do is make it so you have to have money in your account to chat at a non-playmoney/private table, then start freezing the accounts of spammers.

jgunnip
06-03-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What they should do is make it so you have to have money in your account to chat at a non-playmoney/private table, then start freezing the accounts of spammers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea and probably wouldn't be too hard to do.

duke44
06-03-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I should probably leave this topic alone /images/graemlins/smile.gif I will let you know that Party Poker already requires that.

dfscott
06-03-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all money was worth the same. Except for, like, Canadian money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, should've put the "<sarcasm>" tags in, I guess. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Newt_Buggs
06-03-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I should probably leave this topic alone /images/graemlins/smile.gif I will let you know that Party Poker already requires that.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, I can't believe that you are actually posting in this thread