PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker question

PokerSponge
04-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Sorry if this is not the right area. When looking at PT and analyzing your play by position I see that SB and BB play are huge losers for me. Should these always be losers due to the fact that you have no choice in putting money into the pot? What would be a good win rate for these two positions.

I find this software really helpful in seeing what crappy hands I have played at times and how they have gotten me into trouble, and this applies to the SB and BB when you catch part of the flop? is the answer to fold more on the flop with sub par hands to help minimize losses from the blinds?

I would be curious to know if anyone has any strategies for losing less from the blinds.

Thanks.

The Yugoslavian
04-07-2005, 05:51 PM
STTs are unique in that you *can* play the blinds for a profit.

It's very hard to do. I'd imagine only a handful of posters are actually playing them for a profit. A very small handful...

The first trick is to realize that they must be played expertly in the higher blind levels...and pretty much folded in the lower blind levels...

Yugoslav

PokerSponge
04-07-2005, 05:55 PM
thanks. I am mostly looking at the lower 3 to 4 levels of betting as well. At higher levels yeah you can make something there.

citanul
04-07-2005, 06:01 PM
at the lower blind levels, the blinds are not worth defending. at the higher blinds levels, they are.

assuming you defend properly, you will turn a profit, i think, at higher blind levels, from the blinds. i think proper play at the lower levels probably necessitates losing money from the blinds. you should be at a healthy "diff w/o blind T$" from the blinds though.

citanul