PDA

View Full Version : PT auto-import HH without POP3

AlmightyJay
04-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Is it possible? If so, how? My school's email server is IMAP, not POP3. I've never been able to get PT to auto-import from the server. Is POP3 exclusive to ISP email addresses?

elbuddha
04-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I assume you're talking about sites other than Party/skins and Stars? Because they drop the hand histories right on your computer.

IMAP is a better protocol than POP. But almost everything that makes it good for an organization make it bad for an ISP.

It is also much more complex, meaning that it is more difficult to write client code for. That's probably why PT doesn't support it.

One suggestion would be to get a gmail account. Google (I think) allows POP3 access to gmail.

NAU_Player
04-07-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One suggestion would be to get a gmail account. Google (I think) allows POP3 access to gmail.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it does. If anyone needs an invite, PM me.

AlmightyJay
04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Hmm I play on Stars but have never seen it put HH directly on my hard drive.. I always have to request them. Is it in the options somewhere?

I'm going to look into getting a gmail account, too. I'm probably going to switch after graduating anyway, so now's as good a time as any.

Edit: Woot, there it is. Well I just got a gmail invite anyway. Thanks everyone!

djg40
04-07-2005, 11:31 PM
I am also wondering how to import my Hand Histories from PokerStars to PokerTracker automatically. I have been using the trial version of PokerOffice, but I am very interested in PokerTracker.

I just can't seem to get it to work, though.