PDA

View Full Version : Problem with AleoMagus

Walter Pullis
04-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I have been using this AleoMagus system religiously at Party 11s for the last 2 weeks. Frankly my results are not that good.
This morning was typical. I folded most of the hands in the first 3 levels. Won a couple of very small pots. Meanwhile there are 3 maniacs banging it out, playing with anything. 2 go broke, but the third one wins most of their chips. Finally I get 99 on the button.
A couple of limpers in middle position, including Mr. Maniac.
Following instructions, I make a big bet and Mr. Maniac calls everyone else folds. Flop comes small rainbow rags. Again I put in a big bet and Mr. Maniac calls. Well he had KJo and, of course gets a J at the turn. I'm gone a few hands later.
If this happened once, I would just be whining, but it happens again and again and again.

I have won a couple of tourneys and finished ITM a few times
but this seems to require the following:

1. All the maniacs go broke.
2. I get at least 3 premium hands in the first 4 levels.
3. Moderate stacks that are timid around the bubble and will fold to any big bet unless they have a big hand.

Any comments?

Shilly
04-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Two words: sample size.

Eventually those bad beats will turn into huge pots for you, which = a higher % for you to win.

JustinH
04-07-2005, 04:35 PM
It was never claimed to be the end-all be-all formula to win SNGs, just a guide you can follow and adapt to your style and the table texture.

Slim Pickens
04-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Huh, the AleoMagus guide really is turning into the Bible of SnG's, along with all the blind application that goes with other religious texts. Here's the problem. A player can't beat a level just by applying the AM guide. If one could, there would be very little interesting discussion on this board.

As soon as you understand why that strategy works you will be able to beat the 11's without much difficulty. You need to re-post your hand with the blinds and stack sizes included.

Slim

valenzuela
04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Lets see, Aleomagus puts his guide online and for that he charges you $0 , the guide doesnt work and you complain. Sorry but that doesnt seem fair to me.

dfscott
04-07-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been using this AleoMagus system religiously at Party 11s for the last 2 weeks. Frankly my results are not that good.
This morning was typical. I folded most of the hands in the first 3 levels. Won a couple of very small pots. Meanwhile there are 3 maniacs banging it out, playing with anything. 2 go broke, but the third one wins most of their chips. Finally I get 99 on the button.
A couple of limpers in middle position, including Mr. Maniac.
Following instructions, I make a big bet and Mr. Maniac calls everyone else folds. Flop comes small rainbow rags. Again I put in a big bet and Mr. Maniac calls. Well he had KJo and, of course gets a J at the turn. I'm gone a few hands later.
If this happened once, I would just be whining, but it happens again and again and again.

I have won a couple of tourneys and finished ITM a few times
but this seems to require the following:

1. All the maniacs go broke.
2. I get at least 3 premium hands in the first 4 levels.
3. Moderate stacks that are timid around the bubble and will fold to any big bet unless they have a big hand.

Any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap -- someone else that's figured out the secret: call big bets with paint and wait to hit your 6-outer on the turn.

Yep, that's the formula for success. It'll turn you into a big winner.

Apathy
04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I assume your talking about Party...which means your hand was probably in level 3 (since you had room for a raise PF and bets on the flop), which means you should not have reraised PF.

Try posting some had and you will learn quickly

citanul
04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
jesus christ, read the rest of the thread attached to the aleomagus guidelines, to see the dozens of other people or whatever who voiced similar problems, and the responses thereto.

mostly: it's not a system that wins a lot of money on its own. you might, gasp, have to do some work to win, instead of roboticly clicking away with what a piece of paper says to do at every juncture.

citanul

johnny005
04-07-2005, 04:55 PM
The guide wont just make you win U still need a solid understanding of the tournament theories that are involved. The one thing to remember that helps me get through the day is that many of the great players on this forum have went through long losing streaks say 300games at -10% ROI I dont know how many games you have played? But maybe your on a bad run right now

citanul
04-07-2005, 04:58 PM
i wouldn't say that you need a solid understanding of anything to beat the 10s for a small profit. in fact, i wouldn't say you need a solid understanding to beat them for a >30 ROI either.

you need to be less stupid than your opponents to beat those games.

to beat them handilly, you need to be just a bit more less stupid.

citanul

sng-sam
04-07-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO now that's Good I'll take that over Scuba's stuff anyday. Sometimes the truth is funnier than anything you can make up

FWIW: I too started playing using the AM guide and with an excruciatingly small sample size have found marvelous success. I suspect that will change but until then.....PROFIT BITCH!

SAM
"this is my big blind there are many like it but this one is mine"

Irieguy
04-07-2005, 05:05 PM
I have a problem with the title of your post.

Still, I am unlikely to start a new thread called "Problem with Walter Pullis."

Whatever happened to the Golden F'ing Rule?

Irieguy

Slim Pickens
04-07-2005, 05:05 PM
FWIW I have about half a clue as to how to play poker and I can beat the 11's, so it doesn't take much.

Slim

microbet
04-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I think you can beat the $11s just using his guide. You could post the guide up in a factory in Bangalore and have a hundred employees beating the $11s.

dfscott
04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can beat the $11s just using his guide. You could post the guide up in a factory in Bangalore and have a thousand employees beating the $11s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think I haven't considered this. I think I could make my offshore development group much more profitable with this approach.

The Yugoslavian
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a problem with the title of your post.

Still, I am unlikely to start a new thread called "Problem with Walter Pullis."

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind.

Especially given that AM is MIA...

I was sure this thread would be something like 'I've pmed you 10 times in the last month and you haven't responded to a single one....can there really be *that* much to do in Canada?!?!'

Yugoslav

Scuba Chuck
04-07-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't say that you need a solid understanding of anything to beat the 10s for a small profit. in fact, i wouldn't say you need a solid understanding to beat them for a >30 ROI either.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back from vacation. I see you've come back refreshed and ready for work!
Scuba

Walter Pullis
04-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the comments(good and bad). I am determined to be a good online tournament player at least at the low buy-ins. It will just take time. I have played 92 11s. Started with $200. Never higher than $401, never lower than $147. Currently $267.

pooh74
04-07-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the comments(good and bad). I am determined to be a good online tournament player at least at the low buy-ins. It will just take time. I have played 92 11s. Started with $200. Never higher than $401, never lower than $147. Currently $267.

[/ QUOTE ]

wish my first 92 went that smoothly...wish my last 50 went that smoothly.

citanul
04-07-2005, 06:50 PM
thanks! i also noticed that i was like 100 posts behind you, so i thought i'd try to catch up some.

citanul

beeyjay
04-07-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I have about half a clue as to how to play poker and I can beat the

[/ QUOTE ]
55s. so there is hope out there

Degen
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
variance is a bitch

keep using that system and you will be a winner

Degen

AA suited
04-07-2005, 07:30 PM
walter.. 92 SnG sample size, you have +bankroll, and you're complaining?!

I was down 50 SnG's in Dec at 30+3.

this month i have had 2 streaks of 18 straight out of the money (OTM) at 50+5. (and it's only april 7.)

and yet i'm still +bankroll this month, albeit barely.

streaks happen. that moron catching his lucky card on the turn happens. next week, you'll be the guy helped by the river.

search for my post about losing 20+ qq/kk/aa hands in a row. but i was still +bankroll for that period because my garbage was catching miracles and winning. it all evens out in the long run...

citanul
04-07-2005, 07:32 PM
wtf, that wasn't even a good bad beat post.

citanul

gumpzilla
04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that since AleoMagus hasn't posted in a longish time, perhaps this guy just associates him with the guide and not as an actual entity. Never attribute to malice . . .