PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 - fishy play I guess

Kimpan
04-07-2005, 04:16 PM
only reads on the dude is stats:
vp$ip 55
PFR 36

I really didn't like the way I played this hand... I wasn't sure about my play at all when he 3-beted me on the flop.. what's your line from there?
My river bet is no good right? He probably won't call a worse hand than mine?..

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Stupendous_Man
04-07-2005, 04:21 PM
The 3-bet on the flop shouldn't be a surprise given his PFR of 36 (I'm assuming he remains aggressive post flop) and it looks like a blind steal attempt. I think the river bet is fine, as his check indicates a failed steal attempt.

Kimpan
04-07-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 3-bet on the flop shouldn't be a surprise given his PFR of 36 (I'm assuming he remains aggressive post flop) and it looks like a blind steal attempt. I think the river bet is fine, as his check indicates a failed steal attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if it is a failed steal.. why should I bet the river? Is it because he sometimes will call with a K high hoping I where trying to steal back?
If else I don't see why I should bet this river if he won't call with a worse hand..
hmm.. I guess he would call if he caught his 5 on the turn..

so my play wasn't that bad after all?

Grisgra
04-07-2005, 04:29 PM
There's a chance this guy might call you with a smaller pocket, but it's probably equal to the chance that he had a bigger pocket, so I could go either way on this. I'd probably check it, but it wasn't monstrously fishy to bet it IMHO.