PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Tower

Slow Play Ray
04-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't read much Stephen King, but I'm hooked. 1st book started out slow, but it's picking up steam on #3.

That's all.

trying2learn
04-07-2005, 03:45 PM
wasn't there an old board game called dark tower or something to that effect? boy it was a long time ago...but for some reason that's what i thought this thread would be about. odd.

willie
04-07-2005, 03:46 PM
excellent series.

someone posted here that the 4th installment was bleh and skippable- but i disagree vehemently. i found the 4th installment to be in the top 3 of the entire series.

once you make it to the 3rd part, you're done. enjoy the rest of the series.

ArchAngel71857
04-07-2005, 03:56 PM
waste lands and picking up steam shouldn't be in the same sentence. I hated 3 the most. I liked 5 the best probably.

-AA

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wasn't there an old board game called dark tower or something to that effect? boy it was a long time ago...but for some reason that's what i thought this thread would be about. odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the coolest thing ever when I was like 10. It had a little plastic tower with sound effects.

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
waste lands and picking up steam shouldn't be in the same sentence. I hated 3 the most. I liked 5 the best probably.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't get through 3. What a disappointment.

swolfe
04-07-2005, 04:04 PM
the 2nd one was probably my favorite. good stuff...i don't even mind too much some of the Stephen King weirdness in the last couple books (won't say what, since it might be a spoiler).

trying2learn
04-07-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the coolest thing ever when I was like 10. It had a little plastic tower with sound effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! that's right, forgot about the sound effects but now i remember it better...we must be the same age by the way, because that's about right, time-line-wise.

sorry - thread hijack can end now.

RolandOfGilead
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Your patience will be rewarded, sai.

By the way, what is "Wen-Deez"?

Slow Play Ray
04-08-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! that's right, forgot about the sound effects but now i remember it better...we must be the same age by the way, because that's about right, time-line-wise.

sorry - thread hijack can end now.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no, hijack away! I had that game too, it was AWESOME! Hell, I think I'd still enjoy it. Man I forgot all about that, it did have the coolest sound effects. I think I need to get it. eBay, here I come!

crownjules
04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought three was great. I think that was the book where King finally started to really delve into the world that Roland lived in. The Bear, the Beams, Lud (I loved the nod to The Lottery), Tick-Tock Man, the first part of Blaine...