PDA

View Full Version : Prop Bet: Sklansky Memorization Challenge (peripheral poker content)

nate1729
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Folks --

So my friend bobman0330 and I decided to improve our LHE games and engage in some bizarre prop betting by betting who can internalize more of Hold'Em Poker For Advanced Players.

We're looking for help in determining the particulars of the bet. The rough idea we're working with is that a mutual friend will pick a bunch of prompts from the text, and we'll have to produce the next few paragraphs. Full points for perfect memorization, fewer for remembering all the concepts, fewer if you leave stuff out, fewer if you get something wrong, etc.

We understand that this is a strange thing to do, but we hope that you fine OOT folks will appreciate the value of a good extreme prop bet. Bobman posted this over in books/publications and all he's had so far are annoying jerkoffs making horrible poker references in an attempt to telling him we're stupid.

So, help us with this bet. Please.

--Nate

mason55
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Bad move. The posters here will make books look like a nice place to take your kids.

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Clearly this idea is retarted. Can you see why?

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Why don't you just read the [censored] book, quietly like? Then slap your peckers out on the table and have an objective third take the measurements.

jason_t
04-07-2005, 03:19 PM
This is as retarded as this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2096218&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2098144) highly retarded idea. Do you see why?

bosoxfan
04-07-2005, 03:21 PM
same reply both times. well played

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Reading the thread from "Books," it mainly seems like Books is occupied by the mentally challenged OOTers, so the only difference in moving the thread over here is a very slight potential for mildly more amusing flames.

InchoateHand
04-07-2005, 03:23 PM
No it isn't. He wrote "can you see why?" and was correctly called a jackass in the other thread. He's still a jackass, but he did get one of the inanest over-used quotes on an over-quoting board correct this time.

nate1729
04-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah, getting flamed a ton is worth getting conclusive evidence that jakethebake is a shockingly pathetic human being.

mason55
04-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Is it too late to add you to the most hated poll?

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, getting flamed a ton is worth getting conclusive evidence that jakethebake is a shockingly pathetic human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that changes the fact that this is still a retarted idea.

jason_t
04-07-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think that changes the fact that this is still a retarted idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, moran.

bosoxfan
04-07-2005, 03:37 PM
You're right sorry about that. Jake you're a jackass.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Folks --

So my friend bobman0330 and I decided to improve our LHE games and engage in some bizarre prop betting by betting who can internalize more of Hold'Em Poker For Advanced Players.

We're looking for help in determining the particulars of the bet. The rough idea we're working with is that a mutual friend will pick a bunch of prompts from the text, and we'll have to produce the next few paragraphs. Full points for perfect memorization, fewer for remembering all the concepts, fewer if you leave stuff out, fewer if you get something wrong, etc.

We understand that this is a strange thing to do, but we hope that you fine OOT folks will appreciate the value of a good extreme prop bet. Bobman posted this over in books/publications and all he's had so far are annoying jerkoffs making horrible poker references in an attempt to telling him we're stupid.

So, help us with this bet. Please.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than memorize the book, take a set amount of money, and after say 6 months, whoever has more cash gained from playing wins the bet.

bennyk
04-07-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is as retarded as this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2096218&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2098144) highly retarded idea. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

bk

lucas9000
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We're looking for help in determining the particulars of the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

awards: winner kills self. runner up kills self.

nate1729
04-07-2005, 05:49 PM
You see, there's already a way to reward poker-playing skill with the accumulation of money. It's called playing poker.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You see, there's already a way to reward poker-playing skill with the accumulation of money. It's called playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look dude, I was trying to be nice. The prop bet idea sucks.

But hey, whatever.

nate1729
04-07-2005, 06:27 PM
OK, OK, if you were trying to be nice, I apologize. The thing is, we're just two people that love gambling and, in particular, wacky prop bets; we're both endlessly amused by HEFAP's prose style; and we both want to know the book even better than we already do. We're not exactly asking opinions on the merit of the bet, just trying to poll some creative degenerates for some help with the methodology. But, sadly, nobody seems willing to do that. Alas.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, OK, if you were trying to be nice, I apologize. The thing is, we're just two people that love gambling and, in particular, wacky prop bets; we're both endlessly amused by HEFAP's prose style; and we both want to know the book even better than we already do. We're not exactly asking opinions on the merit of the bet, just trying to poll some creative degenerates for some help with the methodology. But, sadly, nobody seems willing to do that. Alas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, but perhaps you guys could do something else? If you are true gamblers, there's literally a million things you can bet on.

Either way, GL man.

nate1729
04-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh, we've bet on plenty of things:

-How attractive a mutual friend's blind date would be

-How much a different mutual friend would appreciate the idea of a lip-reader transcribing manager/umpire arguments in real time

-How exasperated said friend's girlfriend would get when she found out we were betting on her boyfriend's baseball-argument-watching preferences

-Sports prop bets of all forms

-The sizes of tournament prize pools

And so on. And now we want to bet on some 2+2 memorization.

--Nate

bobman0330
04-07-2005, 09:26 PM
[quote
Rather than memorize the book, take a set amount of money, and after say 6 months, whoever has more cash gained from playing wins the bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate's a better player than me anyways, so this would be a bad bet...

jason_t
04-07-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, we've bet on plenty of things:

-How attractive a mutual friend's blind date would be

-How much a different mutual friend would appreciate the idea of a lip-reader transcribing manager/umpire arguments in real time

-How exasperated said friend's girlfriend would get when she found out we were betting on her boyfriend's baseball-argument-watching preferences

-Sports prop bets of all forms

-The sizes of tournament prize pools

And so on. And now we want to bet on some 2+2 memorization.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

The trend continues, apparently.

zaxx19
04-07-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we're both endlessly amused by HEFAP's prose style;

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever seen ants foraging for leaf particals on a patio???

Oh, BTW, what is "prose style"?

tolbiny
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I am all for prop betting- heres a good one for you
Both of you memorize TS eliots' "the wasteland"- then read every work that he references in the poem. First one to read them all wins.

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
How about you memorize every wringle on each other's nutsacks?

mason55
04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
give each other blow jobs, only this time when you do it whoever lasts the longest wins

nate1729
04-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Sheesh. Or we could just have a David Foster Wallace Recitation Contest. You're thinking outside the box; I like that.

nate1729
04-08-2005, 02:10 AM
"Hey, jakethebake, what'd you do today?"

"Oh, I trolled some 2+2 threads and made fun of some guys that are trying to work out a prop bet. Get this: I implied that they're gay!"