PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 cap flop right?

Kimpan
04-07-2005, 01:41 PM
no reads on the dude.. he is new to table and I have no stats on him.
I am putting him on TPGK or TPTK or maybe a overplayed flushdraw. If I am putting him on this, the cap sounds obvious.. I should have capped right? and then call down if he leads the turn..

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
CO has Kc Qd (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero has Ad Qc (one pair, queens).
Outcome: CO wins 9.70 BB. </font>

easypete
04-07-2005, 01:45 PM
I cap flop.

If I cap flop and they bet into me on turn, then I call down... If they check turn, I bet... If they c/r, I fold.

Zygote
04-07-2005, 01:57 PM
i would've capped the flop fosure. HU your hand is very strong and will win a good share of the time. therefore, you need to get more valuebets in here.
cap the flop, bet the turn if you are checked to. if he bets into you or you are c/r, then move into call down mode.

Derek in NYC
04-21-2005, 09:46 AM
You fold to a turn c/r after a flop cap? I see lots of weird checkraises on the turn that would lose to TPTK. I think this is player dependent.

DrGutshot
04-21-2005, 10:35 AM
cap the flop, call down if bet into on the turn, probably fold to a turn c/r - to do it on an overcard turn after flop strength means a lot.

-DrG

BottlesOf
04-21-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I cap flop.

If I cap flop and they bet into me on turn, then I call down... If they check turn, I bet... If they c/r, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds about right, except for the fold to turn c/r. On this particular Turn, I could see maybe doing that but on blanks? Not usually, not against unknowns...

sy_or_bust
04-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Obviously the king is a scare card and changes things, but on hands like these what is the general consensus on calling the flop 3-bet and raising the turn?

Does this induce too many folds, put too much money in when you're relatively blind, or what?

Victor
04-21-2005, 02:44 PM
often i just call the 3bet with the intention of raising on the turn.

BottlesOf
04-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I think all of your listed concerns need to be addressed on a case by case basis. What type of opponent is he, how strong/vulnerable is your hand, how draw heavy is the board etc. In short, there isn't a consensus, general or otherwise.

davidross
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I call the 3 bet on the flop and raise the turn if it isn't a club. I think You're ahead more often than you're behind here so why not make him pay more to chase his draw?

balkii
04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
often i just call the 3bet with the intention of raising on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is much preferable to capping. reallys owns their face when you are ahead.