PDA

View Full Version : Please I need computer help!!

stupid101
04-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Im running 3 tables on a laptop and it keeps freezing. I just bought this laptop to have 2 computers running at same time. It has 512ram and 1.6 cpu is this enough power? i have nothing else downloaded and nothing else running at the same time. It is strictly for poker and is there anything to do to stop this from happening?

the 14 day return policy wears out in 2 days, any input is very helpful. thank you in advance!!

OrianasDaad
04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
It's more that what I have on my PC, and I can run 20 tables datamining.

I'd take it back.

Blarg
04-07-2005, 06:33 PM
My guess is it's because you have the typical laptop 5400 rpm hard disk, at least if you're importing with Pokertracker while you play and/or also doing other things, or having things run in the background like all those crummy "helper" programs of different types that manufacturers load computers with.

Even a 7200 rpm hard disk will slow down and chug a lot when pokertracker imports -- not for everyohne, but for a lot of us, including me, and I have an Athlon 3200 and a gig of RAM and a nice vid card and a 7200 rpm hard drive. So the typical laptop's hard drive is going to be suffering badly.

I made my system faster by installing pokertracker on an external hard drive. That way, when it imports, it doesn't have to fight the rest of my system for resources.

If it's not what I've been talking about that's causing your freezes or slowdowns, then you have a problem unit, it sounds like, and should take it back.

Incidentally, I wouldn't buy a laptop without a 7200 rpm hard drive. The 5400's are ancient technology and you will notice a big hit to things like current games, and of course pokertracker imports like I said. Regular old Party & skins stuff should run fine, though, on almost anything.

stupid101
04-07-2005, 07:14 PM
ok thank you guys, ill take it back tomorrow, I have nothing else running when i play.