PDA

View Full Version : Animal poll: Who would win between a Rhino and a Hippo?

Shajen
04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Rhino?

Hippo?

Same rules apply. I feel that since they got completely shafted in Clark's tourney, these two titans should pair off against each other. Who you backing?

tbach24
04-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Rhino wins in a difficult match. Pretty evenly matched...best two of the tourney IMO.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah, definitely should have been a Semi-final match.

I think even the Elephant would have a tough time with either of these two bad boys.

I had to go with the avatar.

(Oh, and sorry for the results suppression til tomorrow guys, didn't want people screwing up the results)

jakethebake
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
DAMMIT, People!!! Stop with the polls that don't show the results!

tbach24
04-07-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think people who really care enough will use other accounts to vote anyways.

mason55
04-07-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think people who really care enough will use other accounts to vote anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

People care enough and have enough free time to use multiple accounts to vote in a poll on an internet gambling message board about wheter or not a hippo could kill a rhino?

I thought my life was pathetic...

Bataglin
04-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Finally an interesting matchup. It's a shame they didn't get voted in their laughable matches against the huge underdogs lion and tiger.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame yourself for not having the "cat jumps kid" avatar anymore.

I did this to crush your spirit.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FatMan
04-07-2005, 01:26 PM
check out animal face off on the discovery channel (http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/animalfaceoff/animalfaceoff.html) and it depends on where the battle happens. In the water the Hippo wins no contest. On land, the Rhino, again no contest.

Boris
04-07-2005, 01:28 PM
We also need to have a rhino vs. elephant poll as they are mortal enemies in real life.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We also need to have a rhino vs. elephant poll as they are mortal enemies in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will set that one after this one, assuming not many people bitch about this poll....

Reef
04-07-2005, 01:48 PM
hippo... titan? you gotta be kidding me.

The BEST matchup possible with the 2 best animals would be a rhino vs. an elephant. But with size difference, we have to handicap it to 2 rhinos vs. the elephant. Or maybe 5 rhinos vs. 2 elephants.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hippo... titan? you gotta be kidding me.

The BEST matchup possible with the 2 best animals would be a rhino vs. an elephant. But with size difference, we have to handicap it to 2 rhinos vs. the elephant. Or maybe 5 rhinos vs. 2 elephants.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this to be the most interesting matchup out of the losers of Clark's thread. If there is interest I'll do the winner of this match against the winner (the elephant of course) of the other matchups.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
bump, for those that ain't done been voted yet.

[censored]
04-07-2005, 05:37 PM
I think this should have been left to the creator of the original poll, Clarkmeister. Therefore, I cannot vote.

DBowling
04-07-2005, 05:40 PM
i think the hippo is an impressive beast, but im counting on the huge size (and tough skin) of the rhino to make it impervious to the hippos chomp. then the rhino would just head butt the hippo to death

Shajen
04-07-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this should have been left to the creator of the original poll, Clarkmeister. Therefore, I cannot vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I don't think Clarkmeister cared one way or the other on the losers bracket. But if he does, I humbly apologize.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Boris
04-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Hippos are fckin badass. They fight to the death on a regular basis so you know they have the proper fighting mentality. Rhinos are impressive physical specimens but I'm not sure they have killer instinct (much less size) necessary to take on a stone killer hippo.

Shajen
04-07-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hippos are fckin badass. They fight to the death on a regular basis so you know they have the proper fighting mentality. Rhinos are impressive physical specimens but I'm not sure they have killer instinct (much less size) necessary to take on a stone killer hippo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhinos also can't see worth a damn.

Boris
04-07-2005, 05:56 PM
true, but a hippo is kind of hard to miss. even for a stevie wonder type.

willie
04-07-2005, 06:15 PM
i went rhino, but it's relatively close

Sporky
04-07-2005, 06:53 PM
i don't mean to skew the results any, but i actually found a picture of a rhino defeated in its own habitat vs a hippo. the hippo looks like he pounded him pretty good.

http://img13.exs.cx/img13/5752/hippowins8ef.jpg

Shajen
04-08-2005, 01:15 PM
I gotta say, I'm rather disappointed with these results.

Oh well. It was a good run, Mr Hippo.