PDA

View Full Version : Queens, when to lay them down.

arod15
04-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I was in a small 15 player tourney the other day. We were down to 8 players. I'm on the button with QQ. The person under the gun raises from 800 the BB to 2000. You had one caller and another person go all-in for 4400. I was in the chip lead with about 12500 chips. I laid down my queens. I felt even if they were ahead, it wasnt worth risking a third of my stack and giving up the lead. Any thoughts? I ended up winning the tourney but I wanted to see people's reaction.

Maulik
04-10-2005, 02:06 AM
This guy is a Yankee fan. how about the 2004 Boston Red Sox, buddy?

CardSharpCook
04-10-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was in a small 15 player tourney the other day. We were down to 8 players. I'm on the button with QQ. The person under the gun raises from 800 the BB to 2000. You had one caller and another person go all-in for 4400. I was in the chip lead with about 12500 chips. I laid down my queens. I felt even if they were ahead, it wasnt worth risking a third of my stack and giving up the lead. Any thoughts? I ended up winning the tourney but I wanted to see people's reaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak tight. Go over the top with this one.

CSC

MylesD
04-10-2005, 03:19 AM
I am no expert but I think you made a good laydown. I would suspect at least 1 player had AK or better than QQ. If you had a read that these actions were not just players pushing small pairs then I would have no problem laying anything but AA and KK down.

Chip management is also important and I am still trying to get the hang of it. Like you said, you were in the chip leader and it sounds like at least 1 or 2 players were going to get knocked out (you would slide up the money scale). I would rather use the large stack for when I have a clear advantage or playing against an opponent I have a good read on and can outplay after the flop.

I was in a UB $50 tourney. 2nd hand and I get QQ in the SB. 1 limper, mid position player raises 8x the BB. I want to figure out if my QQ's are good so I reraise. The original raiser goes all in. Do you call?

David

TheTimeIsUp
04-10-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm ALL IN. The short stack could have anything here, and is hoping to gamble and get some action. It is iffy what the utg raiser could have, but I think this is an easy play. Pop it like it's hot.

arod15
04-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Just like a bad river crazy things happen in sports. Its just too bad he talks as if he is a redsox fan. He hates since his orioales and DEADSKINS and pretty much the whole DC area have trashy teams. What are you going to say Steinbrenner has the biggerst payroll, Daniel Snieder isnt to far off yet his team sucks explain that????

CardSharpCook
04-10-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just like a bad river crazy things happen in sports. Its just too bad he talks as if he is a redsox fan. He hates since his orioales and DEADSKINS and pretty much the whole DC area have trashy teams. What are you going to say Steinbrenner has the biggerst payroll, Daniel Snieder isnt to far off yet his team sucks explain that????

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to stay focused, buddy, I hope you learned a lot.