PDA

View Full Version : KK hand, thoughts?

krishanleong
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

UTG is 48/11/1.3/34 over 1961 hands. No read on BB.

Do we like the flop bet? And what's the plan for the turn and river? Bet the turn and check behind on the river?

Krishan

Fiddler
04-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Isn't it much better to check behind the turn and call river since you aren't real worried about free cards?

wuarhg
04-07-2005, 12:13 PM
If both call, I check behind on the turn if they check to me. If one calls I bet the turn and see what happens.

cjx
04-07-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it much better to check behind the turn and call river since you aren't real worried about free cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh. I was thinking I liked his line of bet and check behind on the river, but I think your line makes a lot more sense. Must think more and bet less!... well, only slightly less heh.

What happens if the river is bet and called, consider an overcall? Probably not right?

cjx

wheelz
04-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Definitely no overcall.

Rico Suave
04-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Krishan:

If I get callers on the flop, I would most likely check behind on the turn and call 1 on the river.

If the flop were more draw heavy, like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, I would be more likely to bet the turn (assuming a blank) and check the river. The down side of betting the turn on this type of board is exposing yourself to the semi-bluff raise against aggressive opponents, which would be tough to call.

--Rico

tolbiny
04-07-2005, 12:44 PM
i say [censored] it, and bet the flop, turn and river if checked to me. These douches will call with any gutshot, unerpair or backdoor flush draw that as long as they are just calling i am betting.

krishanleong
04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the best of all the bet the flop lines. Is betting the flop mandatory? Is there any merit to checking the flop, calling the turn/river while betting if checked to?

Krishan

Fiddler
04-08-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line the best of all the bet the flop lines. Is betting the flop mandatory? Is there any merit to checking the flop, calling the turn/river while betting if checked to?

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

This board looks like a typical way ahead/behind situation with no draws... unless they are loose enough to come in with 56 but I'm ignoring that possibility. Either one of them has an ace or they don't have much and there are no overcards that can hurt you. Betting the flop and checking through the turn gets you to showdown for 1SB less plus it will often induce a bluff on the river.

I don't like checking through the flop... seems like it will be a more expensive showdown and how do you play the other streets? If the turn goes bet, call you can probably fold but what do you do when the first player checks and the second bets? What happens on the river? Do you fold if you still have two opponents and call if you have one? I'm also not sure about the bet if checked to line. At least on 2/4 6-max a lot of players that don't mind cold-calling with A rag are afraid to bet TPNK so a check doesn't tell you a lot... sometimes they won't bet the river after you have checked through the turn.

To me it just seems simpler to bet the flop, check behind on the turn and hopefully call an induced bluff on the river. But I'm a simple kind of guy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif