PDA

View Full Version : AA hypothetical that actually happened

naman69
04-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Small MMT on Empire yesterday. 170 players top 20 for the money. My stack is 4800, average is 6500, BB is 800. 21 players left and we have been on the bubble for a while.

UTG +2 Bets 2000 and has me covered, I am on the button with AA. I can fold into the money but I push and lose to 10 10. I thought it was an easy push because you play these to get deep and not just into the money and get double the buy in back? Pretty easy decision to push?

Naman

AnonymousGambler
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Yes. Getting all your chips in the pot with way the best of it is always a good thing.

mikeymer
Do you want 20th place or do you want to make it to the final table? I push everytime... 2 outer /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Tim H
yes. refer to previous threads on folding AA.

The only "semi-clear" concensus on folding AA PF was in the situation where payouts are flat.

ie) there is 4 left in tourney and top 3 get seats to WSOP

hummusx
04-07-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes. refer to previous threads on folding AA.

The only "semi-clear" concensus on folding AA PF was in the situation where payouts are flat.

ie) there is 4 left in tourney and top 3 get seats to WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Did this exact thing the other day with KK. I really, really wanted to call but he had me just barely covered. I folded, and the tournament ended on the next turn.

yecul
04-07-2005, 12:10 PM
If this is a sat, then feel free to drop it. If you really really need to win the couple bucks then go ahead and drop it. Short of those extreme situations, this is an absolute no brainer. If you don't lose this hand then this thread never shows up. Don't doubt getting AA in against TT.

willie
04-07-2005, 01:04 PM
if you really really need the couple of bucks you've probably registered in a tourney over your head.

yes, call and quickly

i bubbled a super monday 150+12, big stack pushed on the buble and had me covered

my KK vs his KJ, i finished 121 with top 120 getting paid.

i'd do it again a MILLION times over. getting your money in with Way the best of it is what poker is all about.